American Graffiti

Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by harbone66
I didnt have an IROC cause they were not out yet!!! But in this lovely picture (mullet and all) you can see my eyes tell the story and I am leaning up against my 79 Camaro RS 305 4speed that I purchased in about 1986, I miss that car and my hairline... :cry:
Hell Yea rockin' the Ratt t-shirt!! LOL Try to tell other kids now days about the band and they just laugh.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

I didn't have a car , all I had was a honda 350 full ridgid hardtail frame with springer frontend chopper.
now before you say : HONDA 350 CHOPPER??? You have to remember that a 450 was the largest honda made at the time....oh yeah , like others on here , I had a whole lot more hair too..(me on back)
I can't figure out how to turn the pic right so tilt your head..
[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Old 08-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: American Graffiti

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by Rigsby
We cruised in the late 80's, but not the same......
Did you have an IROC and a mullet? :lol:

I graduated in 1992...I never had an IROC but hate to admit I did have a small mullet. ops:
The 1987 IROC... I lusted that car that year; I was a junior.

I had a 72 Chevelle in primer at the time... had a tunnel ram w/ 2 600 Holleys (it was over carbed & belched black smoke when I got on it) 308 gears in a 10 bolt, 350 (stock) w/ shift kit. The cam was a little too big for the stock torque converter & I occasionally had to put in in neutral so it would not die... what a great time though... I was 17 & I built most of it w/ the help of some friends. No mullet- I had short hair most of the time... but I did sport an AC/DC shirt or two. Back then 72 chevelles were not as cool as they are now... I always wanted a 67. Now I would be fine w/ either one.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
We cruised in the late 80's, but not the same......
Did you have an IROC and a mullet? :lol:

I graduated in 1992...I never had an IROC but hate to admit I did have a small mullet. ops:
The 1987 IROC... I lusted that car that year; I was a junior.

I had a 72 Chevelle in primer at the time... had a tunnel ram w/ 2 600 Holleys (it was over carbed & belched black smoke when I got on it) 308 gears in a 10 bolt, 350 (stock) w/ shift kit. The cam was a little too big for the stock torque converter & I occasionally had to put in in neutral so it would not die... what a great time though... I was 17 & I built most of it w/ the help of some friends. No mullet- I had short hair most of the time... but I did sport an AC/DC shirt or two. Back then 72 chevelles were not as cool as they are now... I always wanted a 67. Now I would be fine w/ either one.
Nice and now no one lust after a 87 Iroc-z but sounds like ya had quiet a set up on the 350 as long as it sounds good who cares? LOL I like this thread seeing alot of pictures of everyones younger years.LOL :lol: :lol:
Hey why don't everyone post some pictures of there high school rides from way back then!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:20 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

I watched American Graffiti again today... hadn't seen it in years...

I which I lived in that generation. It has come & gone. We cruised in the late 80's, but not the same... now it is totally gone. when that movie was over, I felt like I morned a moment in time we seem to keep searching for. Makes me want a 55 chevy....
Man just watched the movie really really liked it.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:13 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Well if your town is like it is here the police don't allow you to cruise around if you pass the same location within a certian amount of time you rest assure if caught you will get a ticket :!: :!:
Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Yea I have always heard that you can't out run a radio!!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

When video games and vcr movies started along with the bullschit emision testing kids stopped working on cars. back in the 80's when they started testing here I use to have to back the timing out and lean the crap out of the idle screws to get my hopped up junk to pass, drive around the corner and put everything back.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
I didnt have an IROC cause they were not out yet!!! But in this lovely picture (mullet and all) you can see my eyes tell the story and I am leaning up against my 79 Camaro RS 305 4speed that I purchased in about 1986, I miss that car and my hairline... :cry:
I'm so wasted!!! 8)
Man this pic cracks me up dude...lol
Old 08-10-2010, 03:50 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
When video games and vcr movies started along with the bullschit emision testing kids stopped working on cars. back in the 80's when they started testing here I use to have to back the timing out and lean the crap out of the idle screws to get my hopped up junk to pass, drive around the corner and put everything back.

There ya go. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -