my dream

Old 08-03-2010, 08:05 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Way to go Mark. The brake will take care of the bog off the line. You'll love the brake. But hold on buddy. Yeah everything will pick up. 60 ft and E.T when you use the brake. Happy for ya Mark. Now go and have fun. You deserve that.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:52 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

x2 on the brake, You'll be surprised how much it picks up the 60 foot and fun factor.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

...when you start two stepping the brake and leaving hard based on your converter etc.....Understand when it starts hooking its gonna start finding weak links in your drive train...Not trying to sound discouraging just letting it be known a foot brake set up will not hold up for long going to a transbrake. a few things that comes to mind that is a Must for running a transbrake safe as you can is. replace tranny and rearend slip yokes with Billet yokes...an appropriate HP rated Moly drive shaft for your set up with 1350 u joints, a Good 3rd member housing (if running a 9 inch) good (Aluminum) pinion support, a PRO-GEAR....AND NOTHING LESS THAN A good 35 spline axle.

below is a company that builds good quality Moly shafts at a reasonable prices....they will set up the 1350 u joints etc also carries the Billet Slip yokes much cheaper then Most....they also balance the shaft..i DO NOT think you will beat their price for the Quality shaft, etc......i have personally run one in a 1,000+ hp car on a transbrake at 3300lbs...
( they will ship top you as well)

http://www.carolinadriveline.com/

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 PM
nlmsc33
SHOW GUEST

Good job Mark.

Days like that make it all worth it.

I knew you'd haul azz when you got it all together.

It's great to see you having some fun...Mel
Old 08-06-2010, 12:54 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fla1976
x2 on the brake, You'll be surprised how much it picks up the 60 foot and fun factor.
Yeah and them pesky red nights!

He's already cutting killer lights with a stumble :shock:

Your gonna have to let a ton of air out of them front tires Mark...lol

Cp
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111

Cp
I raced "footbrake" one night but lost first round cause my foot got stuck in the steering wheel when I let off the button
Old 08-06-2010, 01:03 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
...when you start two stepping the brake and leaving hard based on your converter etc.....Understand when it starts hooking its gonna start finding weak links in your drive train...Not trying to sound discouraging just letting it be known a foot brake set up will not hold up for long going to a transbrake. a few things that comes to mind that is a Must for running a transbrake safe as you can is. replace tranny and rearend slip yokes with Billet yokes...an appropriate HP rated Moly drive shaft for your set up with 1350 u joints, a Good 3rd member housing (if running a 9 inch) good (Aluminum) pinion support, a PRO-GEAR....AND NOTHING LESS THAN A good 35 spline axle.

Yep Brian aint shiitin, you'll find every weak link in your drivetrain with a quickness using a brake for the first time, be mentally prepared and be careful dude, leaving off a brake aint nothing like footbraking.

Cp
Old 08-06-2010, 01:04 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by cepx111

Cp
I raced "footbrake" one night but lost first round cause my foot got stuck in the steering wheel when I let off the button
LMFAO!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Nice Mark,You beat that 10.90!!!! Great!!!! DR.