Turbo Sporster?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
. i thought bronson rode a brit bike.. i dont think sporsters are girls bikes.we built a sporty that would and has blown away many big v twins. they use to be harleys racing bikes. they were orginally built to compete with the brit bikes in the 50s. they are fast amd nimble. they hadle like a dream in traffic. if they are girls bikes then why do they have a higher seat height than dynos etc?
Good point.Higher seat height for comfort on the ole ladies tush on those long rides lol. Everyone has their own opinion.The sportster is just soo tiny in my opinion.If my wife ever wanted to start riding. A sportster would be the bike of choice.Handles NIMBLE and the guy wanted to mount a big bore kit and turbo and all for a reason.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:32 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Bofore you do anything u need to figure out how to make the cam bushings quit spinning in the case, they are bad about that and its too late once you start noticing a problem. Sell it and get a big twin.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

. i thought bronson rode a brit bike.. i dont think sporsters are girls bikes.we built a sporty that would and has blown away many big v twins. they use to be harleys racing bikes. they were orginally built to compete with the brit bikes in the 50s. they are fast amd nimble. they hadle like a dream in traffic. if they are girls bikes then why do they have a higher seat height than dynos etc?
Dont get all defensive sporty guy, I belive we we were all just messing around.
Any Harley is a guys bike IMO> BB's go on the back seat.

They make good flat track bikes too.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:21 AM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by cepx111
Dont get all defensive sporty guy, I belive we we were all just messing around.
Any Harley is a guys bike IMO> BB's go on the back seat.

They make good flat track bikes too.
Thats a whole new post on what should be on the back seat of a Harley CP.As long as her rear end is a bit wider than the seat.I'm good.Wont take much to do so on a sportster.LMAO!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

You know what the difference between a Harley and a Hoover vacuum cleaner is?

You can only fit one dirtbag on a hoover.

My brother had a very cool sportster. He sold it and rides a Night Train.