What's wrong with some people....................

Old 01-31-2009, 05:00 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I will answer any question at any time, but if you don't have interest in the item I am selling, be up front and say you are just asking and not interested. I had a question on the car I have for sale about the weight. Now the guy did not ask me to go out of my way, but since I did not know the weight, I made it a point to rearrange my schedule to accomodate the question. When I sent the answer, I was told that he was curious as he was thinking of buying a bare car and finishing it as he got his money. I don't think him asking the question was wrong, but give a guy a heads up that you are simply asking, not looking to purchase.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:01 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I certainly do not mind going out of my way to help or answer any questions at anytime. In fact, it would be difficult to find someone that I didn't answer promptly or provide with extra pictures, etc. I think your response to an inquiry is highly indicative of your business character traits. I've gotten many questions about an item with no interest in purchasing, generally in the (Do you have extra parts, what color is something etc) I will always answer those questions. You never know, he may want to buy something from you later on.

What does bother me though, is when I am called at suppertime and actually answer my phone for a potential sale. Spend a little talking about it, striking a deal, go out of my way the next morning, then to be treated as if I am BOTHERING him when I do as HE requested by calling back in the a.m. with a total cost. Well sir, that kind of person can kiss my ass, I don't do folks that way and expect not to be done that way in return.

I think the thread is content is being lost with some of the comments about asking questions, quality of the product, etc.

The original post was about striking a deal, then not following through on your end, not about quality or answering questions.

Just my thoughts my friends.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 AM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

I understand Rudy, Ihave a car for sale, sold it 2 times I was sure it was sold the 2nd time, even told me he was making arrangements for pick up. Then he e mailed me the day he was picking up car, and said him and his wife got into it about buying this car and he wasn't coming. didn't have balls enough to even call, did it over the email. Make sure its ok with wife, dad , mom, girlfriend, boy friend, dog, ect. before making a deal with someone. just makes good sense. (JUST MY TWO CENTS)
Old 01-31-2009, 08:23 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy-

That would have ticked me off too. I mean, don't call me & waste my time, & negotiate a deal, ask me to do all the leg work on a shipping quote/arrangments... and then when I call to close the deal, act like you don't have the money & no time to talk to me... that is what we call a "FlAKE" or a stroker. What a joke. Anyways, it would be different if the guy called and said: "I just wanted to see if you still have the intake, need a price & idea on shipping... I will have the money next week & I am not ready to buy it today". something like that....
Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 AM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default nice guys sometimes get the shaft

guy called me for some rally wheels and some sbc parts trade for a 76 roller camaro he needed to get away from a family's memers garage. made deal \ set up time for pick up \ i got trailer ready and hooked up to my truck \ with winch battery charged/ picked my dad up to help\ went for breakfast to wait for his call he was at the location for pick up. did i say iots below zero during my set up? anyway never called me ..... i called him several times that day\ even the next day\ and the day after\ finally unloaded the stuff and trailer. waited a week and called, just so happened his family member answered the phone and placed HIM on the phone. what a surprise he got when he found out it was me. asked why i didnt call him,[ said i did at this number several times for several days], then said car was no good and i wouldnt have wanted it, [ maybe i did ] then said thanks for calling him and letting him know i still was interested but the car has bad floors. so i said thanks for the informationsorry we couldnt work out a deal. HE SAID, thanks for calling him and letting him know we couldnt work out a deal!!!!. now thats a nice person to deal with, screens calls and thanks you for the call he was avoiding. the breakfast was nice with my dad and worth it , bit that guy has _ _ _ _ for brains.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:05 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

No problem Rudy!
I do tend to ramble on sometimes.
As you can see with my 26 posts in the nearly 6 years of being here, I am a whole lot better at READING than POSTING :lol: IT'S COOL 8) later!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

HEY MEN!! Be careful out there it is a jungle with these ''buyers and sellers''.I called a guy about a 454 engine on craigslist.I ask him for the block casting numbers along with the head numbers.Well you thought I was putting this guy through alot of trouble.When he came back with numbers,this hi performance motor was a truck motor.When I mentioned the web page that I got the referance numbers from,this guy got all arrogant with me and told me I insulted him .If I didnot do my homework,I WOULD HAVE PAID 7K for a piece of crap truck motor.Watch your money fellas!!!FISHMANJOE
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

What's the website that you got those numbers from?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
onedragracer
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by dparker
What's the website that you got those numbers from?
Don't worry parker all tall deck blocks were truck engines
Old 02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Guess I'm going to have to put that truck engine all over ya!!! No hard feelings. Now that you got a high dollar paint job your going to be to worried about getting a scratch instead of hitting the tree.
P.S. You need to put a pic on the post with the pics of cars when its done getting painted though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -