Uggggg. Why angle plugs???

Old 10-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Blue68Camaro
JUNIOR BUILDER

I bout some patriot headers. I probably should have went with the hooker but they were like $700, the Patriots were $300 ceramic coated. I got an Accel part number for some shorty plugs from another website of a guy who has the same heads so i ordered up a set and will try those.
If they dont work i guess i wont have a choice and will have to buy the Hookers.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:52 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I have the Hooker Super Comp with 1 7/8" tubes with AFR 227's running a NGK plug and have no issues. Can remove them with and offset open end and a socket, also when cold. :shock:
Old 10-21-2007, 08:36 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Blue68Camaro
I bout some patriot headers. I probably should have went with the hooker but they were like $700, the Patriots were $300 ceramic coated. I got an Accel part number for some shorty plugs from another website of a guy who has the same heads so i ordered up a set and will try those.
If they dont work i guess i wont have a choice and will have to buy the Hookers.
AAH, Blue, the Hookers are $470.00 at Jegs, like blittle says they fit. i have them on brodix track 1's and he has them on Airflow 227's, the cermanic coating doesn't gain sh?t for HP, it only keeps them from rusting. Since you have bought what you bought, buy some spacer plates and you will be o'k. You'll have to excuse my french (XjXnc) but patriot is not a performance header, it's a street header and is probably 3" collectors, you need bigger for performance.

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Blue68Camaro
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by Blue68Camaro
AAH, Blue, the Hookers are $470.00 at Jegs, like blittle says they fit. i have them on brodix track 1's and he has them on Airflow 227's, the cermanic coating doesn't gain sh?t for HP, it only keeps them from rusting. Since you have bought what you bought, buy some spacer plates and you will be o'k. You'll have to excuse my french (XjXnc) but patriot is not a performance header, it's a street header and is probably 3" collectors, you need bigger for performance.

JMO

Zip.
I dont know which ones you guys were thinking of but the ones i was looking at are $700

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10002_36590_-1
Old 10-23-2007, 05:24 AM
rabiddawg
DYNO TECH

if you decide to keep those headers here is the site for the adapter plates
http://www.nimac.biz/
Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10002_36610_-1

Your right, they are 700 with the ceramic coating. Bottom line, the old saying "you get what you pay for" Rings true here.