new web site

Old 06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ah Shucks guy's ops: Seriously i really do appreciate all your help with this it is costing me a bloody fortune and if the customers don't like the way it works then I'm just done for . and the support from you guy's means a lot tom, Wesley, lively, thanks again and just do me the favor and look for anything . cause i know i screw up so if you see something just yell at me please . and if i can help with anything do the same i will do whatever i can to help if you need some parts i will get you the best price that i can .
there is tons of stuff to put up on the site yet if you need something just because it's not on the site don't mean i don't have it or can get it for you. thanks again guy's your a great bunch .
Old 06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Ron:
Nice job..i will give you some business...

hey guys how about it..the next time you needing a little something..use ole Ron here...i know how it is trying to make a business fly...if i had more support in the fuel business everyone could have benfitted from this locally but...you know how people are.

thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey B-Man hows it going buddy ya you do know what this is like for sure did you give up the fuel deal or are you selling local .
i know you spent a fortune on that deal i remember when you started that whole thing . the shop was looking real good .
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default web site

man looks good i just wish my web site was alittle busier than it is [hint hint] were fixing to soup it up we have taken over the development side so keep checking back for more "stuff" ill have to do some work to keep up with youre ron all the best!!! mike
Old 06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks mike ya that's kinda what I'm afraid of seems like everybody is stuck on the big guy's you all know who i mean .
i know it's going to be a hard road to travel for sure.
but I'm going to give it my all for sure.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:45 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

OHHH MY ...this will take another thread,,,between the un-stable fuel prices and the never ending whinners..i had to shut the doors to the public...if i made $500.00 i had to do $3000.00 worth of work..

when i first opened within 1st month i was selling 20 plus barrells per month.......most of it was pre-selling with a business card and a handshake..i kept about $2500 worth of fuel on the floor (whole-sale)...then my VP dealer ( vp south)...would get in a price change and would fail to notify me...so you figure when i would go down with a pre-sale order or 10 to 12 drums and the price was jumped up by .30 per gallon this was $16.20 per drum i had to eat..the 1st time...the second time it was .40 per gallon on a 8 drum order wich was 21.60 per drum i had to eat....
on top of this the idiots had the nverve to brag in the font office of how they had a couple of Clemson University students that drove from the campus all the way to (vp south) 4 hours 1 way and paid full retail for a drum of methanol...and here i was with 4 drums on the floor just 20 minutes from the university....IGNORANCE AND GREED.......so this was the end of my venture with VP...MY CHOICE....

i have several other stories about VP South but i will shut up or i will be sorry for what i say..maybe not ..but i won't chance it...lol....at the highlight of my business i was selling more Fuel than Clements racing one of the biggest racing outfits on the east coast.......I also got out here and got one local track agree to sell VP fuel instead of Sunoco..i took this back to VP and they would not give me any incentive to finalize they deal...we are talking selling 500 gallons per weekend from the bulk truck.

ohh well i went over to Sunoco and became a fuel rep for their company out of winston salem N.C....THEY WERE GREAT..my 1st order i went to pick up myself just to get to know the people at the warehouse. i purchased $6,000 wholesale and had it sold within 4 business days...before i could call in another order i got a call from regional sales manager advising me they sold me the fuel .10 gallon too cheap...lol...
anyhow i presold another $3,000 and they delivered just to start the same circle of the jacking up the prices....SO I CALLED IT OUITS due to the market...i am still in Good with Sunoco and if the fuel market ever stablized i might make another run at it but as of now the market is too crazy with fuel

i spent a great deal of time and money to make this deal happen..(VP SOUTH) made many promises that they did not up hold...

anyhow didn't mean to steal the thread...good luck to you Ron .
and at least your doing it instead of talking about it..more than i can say for a few of mutual people we know from another life...LOL...
( If you need for me to elaborate i can pm you.... 8) 8) 8) )

thanks brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-18-2007, 06:53 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Ron..Check the spelling in the Pro Comp rockers as the word manufactured is wrong and also in the Ford part of the same section manufactured is wrong...And then Romac section need to capital the word Easy and mispelled word "finish" and also capital word Rear in start of a new sentence...Man I ain't picking, you asked so I am checking...Glad to see you made the jump and good luck..The pig is on your side...I will look more when I am awake more...I have had my site for 2 years and have not finished it yet....
Old 06-18-2007, 07:14 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default fuel

yep even us small guys get the "shaft" on the fuel here in new mexico dont start me on gas but "racing fuel" by the barrell is a joke to buy and heaven help you if you buy by the 5gl pail! now i know im staying with the alcohol[which is provided free of charge by our local chemical company] sponsor plug here miller chemical inc... steve tigert salesman lol ! mike
Old 06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Hey Brian, that story is funny... and I dont mean that in a bad way, it just so true, I mean, if you dont laugh you would surely cry.....It is really an uphill battle to make a couple bucks in a small business these days...

Ron, good luck with the business... does this mean we all get 20% off below cost.? well we are all like friends, right? and we will tell everyone about you......lol... just kidding there ron,
You really find out who your friends are when you open a business :shock: gotta give them all free parts, free labor and no tax.
unfreakenbelieveable i tells ya... :roll:
If you want a friend in business, get a dog.....or maybe a pig....or a goat... :lol:
Old 06-18-2007, 07:38 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

mcracecars I hope the pig and goat dont see that post.LOL. Wesley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -