ASHLEY FORCE..HORRIBLE R/T

Old 06-05-2007, 04:36 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jimmybiggs
Well we're all watchin her race .... ON SUNDAY NO LESS....... Who is the real Winner?????
yeahh Jimmy i see your point here...it would be the same i guess if we were a bunch of INDY (IRL) fans....with Danica kirkpatrick....

GOOOOOOOOOOO BERNSTEIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl: I have spoken with Scotty Cannon on many one on one sessions over a glass of tea about the F/C and how it effected him etc....he started out explaining the pro-mod ride to me years ago....Scotty has many back problems that was aggravated by the F/C ---PM days...lets see how he will do in the fuel dragster ????....Scotty can drive anything and is the most competitive person you will ever meet.......ON OUR LEVEL...
Here at home we have a bunch of guys into FAST BOATS....Well Scotty got challanaged a few years back at his lake house on LAKE HARTWELL here in S.C....WHAT DOES HE DO...he gets a brand new FOUNTAIN boat AND PLACES HIS PRO-MOD (ON-SAT) sponsosored motor in the boat...well do i need to go on ??????...yes it was fast...faster then anyone down there....they GPS'D him at 145 mph going across the lake 2 people in the boat and a crown and coke in the free hand...I'M NOT JOKING !!

Brian
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Well we're all watchin her race .... ON SUNDAY NO LESS....... Who is the real Winner?????
No doubt she has worked her way to where she is but through her father.

I know I could not step into an F/C and do what she does.

Still in her circle a .112 light and you may as well shut it down cuz your gonna lose.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:49 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevguy65
No doubt she has worked her way to where she is but through her father.

I know I could not step into an F/C and do what she does.

Still in her circle a .112 light and you may as well shut it down cuz your gonna lose.
she was a winner when she was born unto John force being her father.....it never ends.....its who you are and who you know,,,OR WHO'S YOUR FATHER....LOL......

Looks to me by the points standings,John has sacrificed his own career to help Ashley.....can you say B-l-O-C-K-E-R......funny how the mutli time world champion is barley in the TOP 20....I magine that !!!..come on guys you don't smell something here.. :roll: :roll:

not that i wouldn't do it for my little one also.....

Brian

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-05-2007, 06:15 AM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Ha Brian,

You know from your talks with Scotty how violent a F/C or P/M can be! Even when you have a good pass it beats you up pretty bad. It takes BIG BALLS to get in 1 and lots of $$$$$. Having JF as your dad helps, does she really belong in the car? Only time will tell, his other 2 girls will probabley never see a F/C run in thier life time!

I have a friend who bought one of Bob Newberrys old AA F/C He started his license passes. He made it to the 330' pass. When we got to the big end to get him out, he was white as a ghost! His fire suit was soaked, I'll bet his shorts had a 2" stain from front to back! We loaded the car up, and he never got back in that car! Sold it, and lost 30k on the deal.

We are both close to finishing our projects. In other words loading the last bullet in the chamber! You know the sensation of your blower car at speed. Now take a second or better of off your best pass in your blower car. It will get your respect, and attention real fast.

You have to give the girl some credit for even getting into a BOMB! Will she accomplish what her father has? I doubt anyone will ever reach what JF has done in any series of racing. He is the MAN in my eyes, but that doesn't make her a winner right from the start. Does she belong in the car, not in my opinion!

Dave
Old 06-05-2007, 06:28 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I just wish the little guys would get more coverage. You have guys out there that are bustin there tails to show up for every event and you hardly hear about them. It just goes to show ya that who ever has the deepest pockets wins and gets all the hipe. Many examples:Schumacher, Force and Anderson.
I thinks Asley needs more experience. First time out she hit the wall, second time out crossed the centerline. As long as there's no problems she can drive. I would think it takes a strong arm to drive a Funny Car. It's when you have problems that you need the seat time to recover and handle the situation. If I were John I would think more about her driving.
Maybe drive alchol funny car before switching. Many,Many good drivers out there to choose from. I do wish her luck though but I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was side by side with her. Just my opinion
Old 06-05-2007, 06:55 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by drz1972ss
Ha Brian,

You know from your talks with Scotty how violent a F/C or P/M can be! Even when you have a good pass it beats you up pretty bad. It takes BIG BALLS to get in 1 and lots of $$$$$. Having JF as your dad helps, does she really belong in the car? Only time will tell, his other 2 girls will probabley never see a F/C run in thier life time!

I have a friend who bought one of Bob Newberrys old AA F/C He started his license passes. He made it to the 330' pass. When we got to the big end to get him out, he was white as a ghost! His fire suit was soaked, I'll bet his shorts had a 2" stain from front to back! We loaded the car up, and he never got back in that car! Sold it, and lost 30k on the deal.

We are both close to finishing our projects. In other words loading the last bullet in the chamber! You know the sensation of your blower car at speed. Now take a second or better of off your best pass in your blower car. It will get your respect, and attention real fast.

You have to give the girl some credit for even getting into a BOMB! Will she accomplish what her father has? I doubt anyone will ever reach what JF has done in any series of racing. He is the MAN in my eyes, but that doesn't make her a winner right from the start. Does she belong in the car, not in my opinion!

Dave

Dave you nailed it...i could not imagine getting into something like that..to be honest i would fall a little short of mustering up the balls to do it...but on the other hand..i have not been groomed for this either..Ashley has had the best at her finger tips for many years...best cars, crew etc...all she ever had to do was strap in and drive...she ran so much in the alcohol dragster at 270 mph to where it became somewhat routine to her..so what i am saying it wasn't like it was a person coming off the street and jumping in a funny car....its like QTRMILE2 said...most people that have had her kind of up bringing (driving skills) in the dragters etc...will be ok as long as everything goes well...but what happens when it leaves the groove or she has to throttle it after a violent shake.....what would she have done if she was in hights car with that major explosion...i am with both of you in that i feel she doesn't belong YET.....it was a MEDIA hype thing and it worked...but this is just my opinion...i will never be more than a fan in that class...so we will just sit back and see..

for the record i hope she has a long and fruitful career in Funny car...and as far as her R/T time..i guess its alot like standing on the edge of a 20 story building preparing to jump and you just can't pull the trigger.....maybe the damn thing scares her soo bad that she is thinking too much on turning that beast loose...you could not blame her if she was...i dont....i could see where the F/C could be a class to where the more you drove it the more intimidated you become..you sort of learn what it will do and it scares the hell out of you ..VS a beginner strapping in and blindly letting it rip.....You agree here ??

My blown alcohol injected 63 Nova was enough to make most men weak kneed...so i got somewhat of an idea with my imagination doing the other part..

Brian

Old 06-05-2007, 08:15 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Her lights are a lot like Eric's were when he was still here. I used to wonder how many more rounds he would have won had they been a little more consistant and quicker? Don't mean to speak bad of him it was just something that I used to notice because I liked watching him race. It could be the clutch tuneup also, can't really say without being privey to all of that.

Curtis
Old 06-06-2007, 05:55 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default funny car

well guys i think were being a little hard with ashley what else was she to do with a dad like force! im just the opposite. ive got 3 kids 2 boys and a girl! ive went out of my way to keep them from getting into one of my cars i just dont care to have one of my kids following what ive gone thru. i can talk about a alcohol funny car due to the fact i do own one and have had a top alcohol liscene as well. been on fire, hit a couple guard rails etc... its just not fun when things go wrong. going from a dragster to a funny car is just like going from a nissian to a funny car .no comparason. none ,nada. the dragster does nothing but the speed to help you with driving a funny car. believe me i know, in my driveway ive got a alcohol funny car and a top alcohol dragster so i can talk the talk. funny cars are evil.even when they run right there still a double hand full even at 7 seconds at 190 mph it keeps your attention! as for riding a bomb yep it is. on another site a guy signs off as "count to 5 and duck!" theres a true saying! even at my stage of this funny car im always looking for signs of engine failure in a run all the maintanance in the world will not stop a failure from happening. its just part of the game. some one on here said "engines are like soldiers in battle they go out and sometimes they dont come back"
its my opinion if you want to drive a funny car yea start in a dragster to get used to staging and the speed but then get into a altered before getting into the dragons mouth just my 2 cents worth
Old 06-06-2007, 09:22 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: funny car

Originally Posted by mikeaton
well guys i think were being a little hard with ashley what else was she to do with a dad like force! im just the opposite. ive got 3 kids 2 boys and a girl! ive went out of my way to keep them from getting into one of my cars i just dont care to have one of my kids following what ive gone thru. i can talk about a alcohol funny car due to the fact i do own one and have had a top alcohol liscene as well. been on fire, hit a couple guard rails etc... its just not fun when things go wrong. going from a dragster to a funny car is just like going from a nissian to a funny car .no comparason. none ,nada. the dragster does nothing but the speed to help you with driving a funny car. believe me i know, in my driveway ive got a alcohol funny car and a top alcohol dragster so i can talk the talk. funny cars are evil.even when they run right there still a double hand full even at 7 seconds at 190 mph it keeps your attention! as for riding a bomb yep it is. on another site a guy signs off as "count to 5 and duck!" theres a true saying! even at my stage of this funny car im always looking for signs of engine failure in a run all the maintanance in the world will not stop a failure from happening. its just part of the game. some one on here said "engines are like soldiers in battle they go out and sometimes they dont come back"
its my opinion if you want to drive a funny car yea start in a dragster to get used to staging and the speed but then get into a altered before getting into the dragons mouth just my 2 cents worth

i agree 100% Mike

Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
raz1056
APPRENTICE

I don't care how much money John has in my opinion he would never put Ashley in a F/C if she didn't want to be there! No she's not the seasoned driver, but SHE earned the points she has not John. The money makes it a better place but it doesn't stop the danger factor. I always cheer on the girls like Troxel, Will, Enders, Sampey you gotta love em!