When Stock Cars were 'STOCK CARS' !

Old 12-28-2012, 06:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default When Stock Cars were 'STOCK CARS' !

http://bangshift.com/blog/epic-freak...e-footage.html
Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Nice DD. Reminds me of some stuff I saw this time last year. A friend of my dads this in his personal collection of cars in a museum in Greenville, SC. Around April every year he has a huge reunion an many of the families from early NASCAR come to it.
They take these cars out and still race them every now and then.
Notice on the front the tow bars. This is before they even had trailers to haul them on.
The stories these guys tell are hilarious. This was a time in NASCAR long before many rules existed. Pit guy getting in the cars and refueling going around the track on the last few laps were mentioned and laughed at quit a few times.

Every car is drivable!

These are pics from just 1 of the shops.

This is the seat in the car above.

This is one of several streetable replicas they built. I think some of them were original replicas that the owners actually drove around.

This is a program from the NASCAR track in Augusta. The city of Augusta didn't really want it here so they let the track go to waste. Part of it was still there until about about 5 -7 years ago.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:44 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Great stuff guy's
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is great stuff Wabb. Can you imagine all the 39-40 Ford Coupes just going to waste like they were on every corner??? Love those 40's!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:00 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

The part you guys can't see was spending the day here in this private collection with my dad. My Dad was really into the older NASCAR racing.
He personally knew quit a few of the drivers and families back then. My grandfather sponsored a car through his dealerships and my dad was into drag racing and NASCAR when he was younger.

That day was priceless for both of us, but I enjoyed it more for him to be able reflect on a time in his life he enjoyed so much.