Venting

Old 06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

Was your bill itemized? Were you charged for any antifreeze?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I have had a automotive repair shop for close to 30 years. When I price a job that involves draining the coolant I always price a couple of gallons of anti freeze to go with it. When the job leaves my shop it has that anti freeze in it, no matter what the time of year or current temperature is or whether it will be stored inside a heated garage. That's just plain common sense. Regardless of what happened in this case just look at the headache it will cause for the guy that did the work. If nothing else he will get a lot of bad publicity over it and he may even get taken to court. The customer is out a lot of cash and is no longer dealing with someone that he had trusted up until now. There is no reason this car shouldn't have had anti freeze in it when it left the shop. That's just bad business.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:29 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Well gang, it all boils down to words on a screen. Non of us were actually THERE and non of us actually SAW, just the poster, so non of us actually KNOWS. Just sayin' ya know.

------------