rpm not changing

Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
SABOT7
APPRENTICE

Someone posted ealirer that your 1/8th time should be .2 faster. I have always used the 1/4 time divided by 1.59 and got really close. For instance, your 9.54 divided by 1.59 comes out to 6 flat for the 1/8th. Not exact but pretty close. Anyway, when you change the gears, does the 6700 happen sooner on the track the previous higher (lower numerical) gears? Something else to check also if you are using an autometer tach with the adjustable shift light dial, is that it is working correctly. I had a similar issure using the adjustable shift light and some how it was overriding the shift pill in my two step. Last things I would check is valve spring seat and open pressure and also make sure that the timing and floats are set correctly.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 PM
smokinsmallblock
APPRENTICE

the combo has been together for 2 yrs. my problem came when i tried differant gears, thats when i found out sumthing wrong
Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I would be looking at possibly 2 things if you have tried jetting, timing and settng the car back up to the original working combo. I would swap out ignition boxes and I would swap out MSD RPM modules (2-step or shift box). You may have a bad MSD chip. Sounds more in some of the electronics vs the motor.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 AM
smokinsmallblock
APPRENTICE

another thing i for got to add i run 112 racing fuel is that enough?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:22 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by smokinsmallblock
another thing i for got to add i run 112 racing fuel is that enough?
thats all i run :wink: but cause my brother in law is twisting my arm and the price of gas is suppose to go though the roof.... i might be switching to alky soon