GAS STATION NAME AND THEIR FUEL QUALITY

Old 08-21-2009, 03:18 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by montecarlo84
at 100% ATF there is a power loss,but if I'm not towing anything I don't notice it.

From my own guesstamating 80% is a good all around blend

(note)depending on your type (year)of truck will depend on how much you can run.

I have a 96 chevy 6.5 TD,It dose not have an optical senser.

6.5's didn't have any power to begin with. At lest my 95 didn't, it was a real turd. so I got a 04 2 ton Duramax.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:57 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know about a.m. fueling. If the fuel is coming from a 1000+gallon tank below ground, how much can the ambient temperature heat it?
Maybe heats the pumping components, but as soon as the cooler fuel runs thru it, it will cool down as well.
I do agree with comments about automobile gas tanks or fuel cells. The fuel will expand and contract. This is why you should keep a full gas tank during seasons where there are big swings in temperature. This causes condensation. and the more available inside gas tank surface, the more water is introduced in your gas.
JMO Dave
Old 08-21-2009, 08:55 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by CamBirdRacing
Originally Posted by montecarlo84
at 100% ATF there is a power loss,but if I'm not towing anything I don't notice it.

From my own guesstamating 80% is a good all around blend

(note)depending on your type (year)of truck will depend on how much you can run.

I have a 96 chevy 6.5 TD,It dose not have an optical senser.

6.5's didn't have any power to begin with. At lest my 95 didn't, it was a real turd. so I got a 04 2 ton Duramax.
I went from a 1/2 ton dodge 318(a gas guzzling motor ) 12 mpg to a 3/4 ton chevy that gets 17 mpg towing and runs on ATF.

so it 's a step up.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:19 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

I thought all gas comes from the same source, then the each company puts in thier own addatives .... :shock:
Old 08-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

OK I am an idiot I suppose but I have to ask about the ATF? A diesel engine will run on transmission fluid? :? ops:
Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I doubt if pure but cut it should burn, I have an old gmc brig with a cat motor with mech injection , Im going to try 5 gal in fifty and see if i notice a power difference or to much smoke.( if any dam work comes in for the truck!)
Old 10-03-2009, 11:39 AM
bluegrassjh
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by cepx111
Cool fuel is denser than hot fuel, same with air, the molecules get closer together when cooled.
The main reason why everybody wants a cool air intake and a cool can for their carb.

The denser the fuel/air < the more bang you get.

On another note: hot fuel aeroates more, kinda like how a hot beer/coke foams up which in turn makes the pump less accurate.

I used to work at a brewer (coors) for 7 years, you had to keep the beer and the filler around 33 degrees in order to keep from getting short fills.

Cp
What he failed to tell us is that he USED to be a brewer because of the short fills. Samplin the product on the clock is frowned upon in some work places. :lol: