drilling spark plugs???

Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by ashbros
I never noticed NGK plugs were not made in USA. Goes to show you something as small as a spark plug isn't even produced in the states.

Its amazing.
NGK do have Made in the USA right on the plug.

pulled some out of a 05 toytota camrey yesterday.

I put autolite back in.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by maniac
This sounds like something that might have been done before all the fancy plugs and ignition systems we have today, I just thought yall might get a kick out of it,,Paul
This is true, I remember doing all sorts of experiments to gain that extra edge. Aaahh,... the good old days of tinkering with the unknown....
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

my :?: is if all those edges are so good why don't racing plugs have it ?

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...ugs/racing.asp
Old 08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by montecarlo84
Originally Posted by ashbros
I never noticed NGK plugs were not made in USA. Goes to show you something as small as a spark plug isn't even produced in the states.

Its amazing.
NGK do have Made in the USA right on the plug.

pulled some out of a 05 toytota camrey yesterday.

I put autolite back in.

Never noticed that they were made in the godd ole USA. But I would never put Autolites in anything except the lawnmower. Thet remind me of Fram filters. Thanks Fram for blowing up my engine.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=who+owns+ng...Ftopic%2Fngk-1

USA Operations

Established in 1966 - NGK Spark Plugs (USA), Inc. was founded as a subsidiary of NGK Spark Plug Co, Ltd., of Japan.

NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A), Inc. corporate headquarters was first located in California and then moved to its current location in Wixom, Michigan. NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A), Inc. produces products from two manufacturing locations: one location in Irvine California, which produces Spark Plugs; and another location In Sissonville, WV which produces both spark plugs and Oxygen Sensors.

In early October 2008 NGK launched the Art of Fast project
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization
'NGK Spark Plug Co. LTD' is headquartered in Aichi Pref, Japan. Currently (March 2007) NGK employs 10,407 people worldwide.[1]

In 2007 NGK operates a network of 7 liaison offices, 12 sales offices, 13 production sites and 2 technical centers worldwide.[2] [2]

though it say made in the USA it is not an American company
Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Back in the real early 80's we used to cut the strap off the plugs it would make a h*** of a spark they just didn't last very long.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:49 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thou ngk usa maybe produced in america its still a jap plug.toyota and mercedes are produced in alabama still dont make them american.im sorry, if its import and i have a choice im buying american.i hate ridin down the road and seeing a toyota ,nissan etc with a american flag bumper sticker. burns my a%%
Old 08-22-2009, 06:47 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
thou ngk usa maybe produced in america its still a jap plug.toyota and mercedes are produced in alabama still dont make them american.im sorry, if its import and i have a choice im buying american.i hate ridin down the road and seeing a toyota ,nissan etc with a american flag bumper sticker. burns my a%%
But you're ok that the Big 3 make a good percentage of their cars in Mexico/Canada??? :? I'd venture to say that some of the 'foreign' auto makers are more domestic than the domestics!