TDC- How do i find it?

Old 11-04-2007, 05:09 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tod
By any chance you wouldn't have 8 of them in your back pocket would ya? I'd like to have 8 of them for when I'm bored this winter,maybe I could get my engine to whistle a top 40 tune and get rich over the winter,just some thing to think about :P
Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Yes you can do it that way but,
I like to get the the rotor pointing about 4 o'clock for number 1, using the firewall as 12 o'clock, with the rotor shaft turning clock wise.
That would be about where the factory would put it.
Always seems to make it easier routing the wires with that configuration.
goodluck, Charles
Old 11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Having a distributor "LOCKED OUT" simply means you have all your advance in it (say like 38 degrees) at an idle. There is no vacuum advance or centrifugal advance at all, they are "LOCKED OUT" or disabled mechanically.
< The reason behind it is that in a full race motor like in dragracing you dont want to wait for a advance curve to come into to play, you want instant throttle response and imediate engine excelleration since 99 percent of the time your at WOT anyway. There is no need for a distributor with a advance curve like in a street machine where your on and off the throttle contionously or at part throttle cruising around,
so you lock out all the advance mechanisims, and just set your distributor at full advance. Usually used in conjunction with some sort of start retard or by seperating the cranking and ignition circuit to help ease starting difficulties in a fully advance engine.
Cp