http://bangshift.com/blog/wild-carna...ampaign=Buffer
Old 12-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

He lucky he could have lost his feet
Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Wow, blanket and full face shield sounds like a good idea now.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:58 PM
jtortorete
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

The Chrysler 904 and 727 are the most dangerous transmissions out there to race with. At my track they are number one for carnage like this. I do not worry about them myself as I will never use one.

When they run the Mopar nationals at my track I support a friend that has a 70 Charger that has grenaded. So I take my Flack Jacket up to the line when I spot him.

JT [/b]
Old 02-23-2014, 10:09 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Old 10-04-2014, 08:50 AM
TEAMARCITC
SHOW GUEST

Quite often caused by people who do not know the rules of torqueflites. #1 if anything breaks behind trans it must come apart for inspection.#2 never back car up and then go into low gear and hit the throttle before rolling the car forward several inches to set the over running clutch. #3 try to start burnout in 2nd gear if you have enough power or shift to 2nd asap after starting burnout. If you run a blanket it must be pulled up as far forward as possible! if you look at the pictures racing junkie link posted you will see the direct drum behind the pump is gone. they explode!! if the over running clutch does not hold. some valve bodies have a funtion where they apply the rear band in low which helps protect the over running clutch. or go to a alum drum which does not explode. learned the had way back in the 70's.paul p&b performance. any questions feel free to call 704-279-2560
Old 01-09-2015, 10:33 AM
dlewy1977
SHOW GUEST

Holy Cow. All the sudden I completely understand why transmission blankets are used. Can you imagine doctors trying to clean out transmission fluid sprayed throughout shredded feet. Swiley383 is right about losing his feet. dlewy1977 , Lebanon Chrysler