NHRA LICENSE

Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ???

Originally Posted by ccperf721p
If it's all for the money, why is it that anybody involved on any side is broke?
How about,MIS-Management..................................?
Later
G :?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

So what's the best answer for a guy that just likes to go a few times a year and horse around(like me)? I am not saying I don't want to make the car safe...it's just the dates on componants that sit in my garage and "go bad"

The belts really don't bother me much because normally I would run more than I have the last 3 years...it has just been some weird luck...had a flood in 2008, was laid off in 2009 and this year we moved and are in the process of building a garage at the new place so that has been the hold up this year.

So just curious...you guys that DO RUN pretty regular all summer...What do you do as far as flex plates and balancers,trans shields etc....the SFI stuff...Do you replace it every few years or send it somewhere to be recertified or what?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:53 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
. Yes it all costs money, yes some of it seems unnecessary, but if you really want cheap, stay home and play cards.....or knit.

Johnny
I know how to crochet does that count?

OR.......

Go to a outlaw track :wink:
Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
. Yes it all costs money, yes some of it seems unnecessary, but if you really want cheap, stay home and play cards.....or knit.

Johnny

OR.......

You can crochet your own drivers uniform :lol:

Maybe put some rhinestones on it like Chuck Amate( old sprint car driver known as "The Rhinestone Cowboy" aka "One Armed Bandit")
Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Good idea Tod, might be alittle itchy though :?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:14 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by cepx111

Johnny

OR.......

Absolutely!! You could make us all doilies!!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
So what's the best answer for a guy that just likes to go a few times a year and horse around(like me)? I am not saying I don't want to make the car safe...it's just the dates on componants that sit in my garage and "go bad"

The belts really don't bother me much because normally I would run more than I have the last 3 years...it has just been some weird luck...had a flood in 2008, was laid off in 2009 and this year we moved and are in the process of building a garage at the new place so that has been the hold up this year.

So just curious...you guys that DO RUN pretty regular all summer...What do you do as far as flex plates and balancers,trans shields etc....the SFI stuff...Do you replace it every few years or send it somewhere to be recertified or what?
It depends. If I ran a high dollar flexplate or trans shield, I'd send it in if the manufacturer offered that service. I run TCI's, so I just replace em. Yes I've got a shed full of perfectly good flexplates and trans shields.... I've had belts recerted before with no issues. It usually doen't save a lot, but every little bit helps. I wear a 3.2A/15 firesuit and they have to be recerted every 5 years, so it gets sent in. I had to have it when I had my FED, and and don't want to spend the cash to buy a lighter suit. Heat doesn't bother me. I don't think balancers expire.

Johnny
Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gearhead1011
I have always though the belt rule was a little much but I think they probably consider the worst case scenario for belt life. I was told the belt rule was put in place after Lee Shepherd died and that was attributed to belt failure. .
I don't believe Lee was wearing a seatbelt at the Oklahoma track where he was killed. He was doing 60' runs and if it felt good, he would run it all the way out. Just what I heard.........

What a great team RMS was. Won Pro Stock in both NHRA and IHRA, two years in a row (83-84) !!!
Rest in Peace, Lee and Buddy