where are all the people?

Old 05-23-2012, 05:27 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Default where are all the people?

i know i have asked this before but i still dont see a improvement. what has happened to this sight. used to be there was people on here all the time.but in the last yr or so it has shrunk to just a few diehards.take this section of the forum for example. no new posts since the 20th. why? we havent changed, have we?we still love to race and build cars .we are still all friends.when i can work i go to the shop but not before checkin in here first.id stay longer but there is no acitivity going on.i stay on the hamb alot and i mean alot. but thats because of my choise of cars.i deal only with old hotrods and cars.but i still love my rj.and believe me tqwe are alot friendlier here than there.lol anyway can someone explain to me why there is almost no one posting anymore. and you cant blame it on race season because it was slow in the dead of winter.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Summers here and lives get busy I think. I stick my head in here at least 2 times a day.
I spend a lot of time on another forum thats very Camaro specific but I always end up back here.
It has been quiet, you can always depend on Duane to post stuff up in the Vent but its mostly political and that is far from my thing.

By the way Ken, how you doing today? I actually had you on my contact list today just to touch base and make sure everything is going OK.

Happy Hump Day!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

A few reasons I think.
We don't really let people on here with fake log in's. We regulars have real info about who we are and don't hide behind a computer. We don't post or put up with a lot of bs or nude stuff. A lot of guys get on other forums just to be smart a??@$ and we usually run those off pretty quick.

It's usually kinda quiet until somebody starts a big scam thread or some other crap. Always a bunch of post when that kind of stuff is going on.

I hope the economy is a little better for everybody and they're able to get back to the lake / river, vacations, racing, etc.!!!

Also like harb said, it's summer and it's been really nice outside for a while.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I think the economy has alot of people putting there cars on ice for the past couple of years ( trades & construction here in il are about as bad as it can get) Im one of them. After 18 years in business I have shut down my dump truck business & my truck is being sold off by a broker and is being shipped to africa, three straight years of losing my azz is done. Also just went through a split up of a partnership in properties that is 26 years old....bad times bring many changes.....hobbys are the last thing on alot of peoples minds these days.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Hey 'bone ! I don't post ALL political.. :P :P
I think all the reasons stated are valid and bigtime sad. But I am telling ya'all, if ya aren't paying attention, it'll be a whole lot worse, with no one to blame but yerselves.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Well i am as busy as a cat covering up crap right now. When i get here late at night. All you have gone to bed. Seem's myself and Ron Owens are the only late Racing Junkies :!: :!: LOL :lol: :lol: Maybe you guy's could take a short nap and join us :?: :lol:

Mark
Old 05-23-2012, 05:48 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Well i am as busy as a cat covering up crap right now. When i get here late at night. All you have gone to bed. Seem's myself and Ron Owens are the only late Racing Junkies :!: :!: LOL :lol: :lol: Maybe you guy's could take a short nap and join us :?: :lol:

Mark
ME THINKS YOUR RITE!! :lol:
Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Outlaw,
I'm on here almost every nite. Mostly I just read and learn from all you guys that have so much experience. Sometimes I put my 2 cents in. I suspect a lot of guys are on here, like me, mostly reading.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:35 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well i quess all are valid reasons.i was afraid it was going to slow down so much they just shut it down. happenend to a forum i liked not to long ago.oh and mark, you drivin a mopar i can see why your so busy. hard work keepin those damn things runnin.loljust kiddin my freind. i really have always liked the mpoars.they are legendary in my heart!! mr. harbone, when i feel like typing a book ill send you a pm,let you know what going on with me. tanks guys for the answers, gives me just a tad more to think about.lol
Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I am still around. I dont post as much but then again it is hard for me to post as much with me being halfway around the world from you guys. i mainly read the post and see where it goes from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -