(( WARNING )) DYNOFLO ENGINES BAD DEALINGS

Old 04-14-2007, 02:30 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

So mitch,

let me see if I have your logic straight.

I am having a motor built right now by a Professional.
It will be here next week, and according to you, since I will be putting on the altenator, power steering pump etc, that I should tear the engine down and redo it to make sure what I paid good money and put my trust in a professional to do in the first place.

Hmmm, interesting theory but I doubt there are 5 people on the planet that pay someone to do a job and then tear it down to make sure it was done right.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:51 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Mitch I forgot to mention Monday morning the Rod is being sent to Eagle to have it checked to see if it was defevtive .But when George Pils at SSRE
tells the owner of the motor and myself that the rod bolts were loose you tend to believe him .
Old 04-14-2007, 02:58 PM
mitchz
SHOW GUEST

You buy a short block,what happens after you final assemble is your problem.
You buy a complete motor (which is normally dyno'd) it leaves with the reutation of the builder.Adding external parts like an ALT or a water pump really dont come into play much,unless of course you install a bad water pump and overheat the bitch.
Your inexperience burned yourself,and it happens as part of life dood.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:08 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

mitchz,your so full of sh-t i can smell you from here. make your way out of dynoflo's colon and start breathing good air doood.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 PM
mitchz
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by slowman
mitchz,your so full of sh-t i can smell you from here. make your way out of dynoflo's colon and start breathing good air doood.
your just an inexperienced noob.......
Old 04-14-2007, 03:24 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

20 yrs building racing engines with countless records. ya your right i'm the dumb one. please forest go read somemore hotrod mags.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:34 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Now Slowman cut Mitch a little slack If he feels that everyone that purchases a shortblock or an undynoed motor is responcible for making sure that the builder did it correctly thats his oppinion.
Even though when any of us that spend a large sum of our hard earned money we have certian expectations that what we recieve would be assembled correctly.
But Mitch you should reread the entire post and look at the pics it would answer A lot of things you were wondering about .
Old 04-14-2007, 05:08 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mitchz
All rod bolt's not torqued ?
Im not buying it.

Besides,you buy a short block I would think you might actually go over any and all bolts before you finish the assembly -
You added the oil pump I assume,maybe a windage tray ?
Dont you own a torque wrench? Dont you check your own ad on's ?
So why would you not check the whole motor ?
Maybe the rods were defective,maybe the bolts were tight but the rod was preventing the bolt from clamping fully,sorta like when you tighten a bolt thats too long for the hole...

Bash the guy all you want,you get what you pay for and you bought the cheapest engine you could find,Dynoflo good bad or otherwise is an internet low cost builder - maybe it was hand tight or maybe not
but I see it as operator error -you failed to finish the assembly like a professional, live and learn then move foward.

Sorry Mitchz..your dead wrong on this one !

..your comments were WAY off base Mitchz..

I Agree with you that its good policy to check and re-check,,But as fast bowtie said the responsibility of the torqing the entire short block lies with the orginal builder that got paid for the job..it should have been done right the 1st time..

You do realize that this shortblock was purchased as a turnkey FINISHED product ?

let me ask you a question..Please answer honestly for me..OK ?.

lets say you called up Scott Shafiorff Racing Engines in New York and order one of their COMPLETE 565 shortblocks..to where all you had to do was bolt up your oil pump (which doesn't require the removal of a main cap or rod journal bolts) and your oil pan, heads ,intake,etc........lets say you bolted on all the stuff you were suppose to..then started the motor and all the bolts vibrated out of the bottom of the rods and killed the motor

WHO WOULD THE RESPONSIBILITY REST WITH.....(Please Be truthful) do not tell me what you would have done,,,please respond to the scenerio as it was laid before you...Cause this is not about Monday morning QTR backing..its about dealing with a certain situation as it HAPPENED..

thanks brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Mitch I don't wish to judge, but did you forget to take your medication?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:29 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

MITCH---YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDINS US HERE!!!!!!!!- :idea: --I DEAL IN JOBS THAT COST ANYWHERE FROM 5000.00---150,000 DOLLARS---I MAKE A 10.00 MISTAKE AND AM 100% RESPONSIBLE/COULD HURT SOMEBODY BADLY/AND RUIN MY BUSINESS---I BUILD HOUSES AND BUILDINGS---IT IS STILL MY PROBLEM TO KEEP THINGS RIGHT AND DOUBLE CHECK ALL MY SUBS WORK/NOT THE ONE I AM WORKING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!----GET A LIFE -YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SPOT FOR A KNOW-IT-ALL ATTITUDE!!!!! :cry: :cry: I ALSO HAVE BEEN BUILDING CARS AND TRUCKS FOR OVER 30 YEARS IN CASE YOU THINK I AM WET BEHIND THE EARS 8) 8) 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -