Be very careful buying from Mike Watt(lisamike1070)!!!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 02:32 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Be very careful buying from Mike Watt(lisamike1070)!!!!!

Well, hate to do this but this guy left me with no choice. His name is Mike Watt and is from out of Corydon, Indiana. He usually has some descent looking t/k drag cars listed for sale on here. He contacted me a few months back on a ad I had posted looking for a glide shifter. I took a chance--never saw a pic of the shifter but I sent him the $ anyway, The shifter showed up packaged on the very light side--as in just thrown in a box and sent. When I sell stuff, it's wrapped tight and I make sure it's getting there just as I sent it. None the less, it wasn't damaged and it was a nice shifter. So it was a fair deal. Mike contacted me again regarding another ad I had posted--wanting to trade a VERY nice Bigs 850 carb for a nice 1050. My deleted ad # is 182111790 if you care to see how nice the carb was I traded off. Not only did I trade that carb off, mike wanted $250 to boot. So I pulled the big BG Enduro fuel pump out of my Camaro and gave that to him for the $250. He got close up pics of my stuff before hand. I of course got a pic of this dominator from about 20' away. My fault for not insisting on a close up. But then again, it's obvious this turd has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while also. Covered in mouse crap and all!!!! This thing is full of corrosion and looks like it's been at the bottom of a lake for a year. Plus the vent tubes were bent over from shipping. All he did was pull the carb out I sent and throw this one in the same box(which is no big deal), however he obviously didn't pack it. Rather just tossed it in the box. I emailed him immediately and told him how unhappy I am with this deal. All he had to say is I'm judging it by looks and that it works great. I told him I did this deal for my Dad to help him get a dominator for his car and that I was completely embarrassed to even show him this pile. I also said I needed to head South in a few weeks, so I could just return his carb and get my stuff back so he didn't have to deal with shipping. That's a 9 1/2 hour ride one way for me, but honestly--I just wanted to get my Dads 850 back without it getting broken in shipping if he had agreed to send it back. However, he will not even respond to my emails now of course. It's pathetic that people have to take advantage of others trust. Let that be a lesson to me and I wanted to let everyone know how Mike Watt of Corydon, Indiana does business. VERY BADLY!!! Sad mike, very sad man you are. And if anybody wants to see this mouse crap, corroded pile of crap dominator--I can email pics of it. I tried attaching some here but they wouldn't attach.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:16 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

yep. he knew he was shaffing you, good stuff for his junk,
Old 03-03-2014, 04:21 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

Exactly. Just don't want to see him throw the screws to anyone else.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:21 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I see there is 2 sides to the story. Here is his ad in response to your ad..

cry baby

Ad #182152227 Posted:2014-03-04 09:37:17
This ad expires in 6 days.

this guy firebird89 is a cry baby his daddy got mad at him so he wants he stuff back what are you 3 years old grow up he new what he was getting when we did the trade I sent him a picture of the carb an it was just fine then it is a very good carb just because it does not look new don't mean it is junk if he ever trys it he will see so I really don't care what he puts on here

I got some real ugly carbs that work great. Is the carb what he said it was? Is it a complete working 1050? Did he say it was like brand new condition? Did he misrepresent this item? If he said it was a brand new looking, like brand new or the ad said currently on his car then he may have mispresented it. If he did not, then he traded you for what you had to offer.

Your ad said you were looking for a good carb, not looking for a show piece. If you haven't tried it yet, you don't know what you got.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:46 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

shawnp--you must be a idiot just like mike!!! I'm far from being a cry baby. I sell nice parts and represent them 100% of what they are. I don't send piles of corroded up junk and tell people it's good stuff. You must be a real good business guy just like mike punk. When I send out good stuff, I expect to get what I was told.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:53 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

And another thing shawnp---if mike didn't care what I had to say on here, why did he contact RJ like a little pussy and have the ad deleted that I posted with a pic of the junk I got from him? Rat shit, corrosion, bent vent tubes and all? Get your crap staright before you start shooting your mouth off about something you know nothing about clown.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:32 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default junk

I heard an old saying, it goes......there are 3 sides to every story, #1. Your side...#2. His side..#3. then there is the truth.... either way things were slow on here and now here we go.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: junk

Originally Posted by badfordfreak
I heard an old saying, it goes......there are 3 sides to every story, #1. Your side...#2. His side..#3. then there is the truth.... either way things were slow on here and now here we go.
Yes there is and yes it has been slow as hell around here lately!
I am ready for this one...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

To be quite honest guys, I'm not here to gather opinions on who's right, wrong, being honest, or being a liar. I'm not here to try to handle my business either. I will take care of the situation on my own. I'm not even here to defend my version of how I feel this has gone down. I know the facts and that's all I need to know. I simply came on here to warn others to beware and deal carefully. Not every racer has endless funds to spend. And even if you do, that still doesn't give someone the right to mislead you in a deal. I think getting a nasty pile of junk like this and being ticked off about it is a far cry from expecting a "show piece" or being called a cry baby because I expect a straight deal. So either take my tip and learn from my mistake, or go ahead and get yourself burned too.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Be

Hold up there guys, that's enough fun. Now, anyone got any helpful suggestions? Anyone know this seller?

This guy that sent the junky looking carb is a couple hours away from me and I have seen his ads from time to time. But from what Firebird reported, I think I will stay away from that guy, just to be safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -