45 Yrs. of History may be dead, Twin Cities Dragstrip

Old 02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default 45 Yrs. of History may be dead, Twin Cities Dragstrip

Man this is bad news for Northeast La. Twin cities was one of the first dragstips in La. and now may be shut down. it's particularly bad for me and a couple doz. other racers around me. If it closes it puts me over 100 miles from the nearest strip. Man i hope it works out and stays open.

Zip.

RACERS AND FANS

Allbritton Enterprises, L.L.C. has been operating Twin City Dragway under a Lease Agreement with K&K Promotions that went into effect February, 2006. Allbritton Enterprises, L.L.C. has now been notified by K&K Promotions and Tom Sanders, who holds a mortgage on property from K&K Promotions, that K&K Promotions has defaulted on its Promissory Note to Tom Sanders. Tom Sanders has started foreclosure proceedings, seeking to have the property on which Twin City Dragway is operated, sold by the Sheriff. In the event that occurs, Allbritton's Lease may be terminated by the occurrence of the Sheriff's Sale and we will not be able to continue to operate Twin City Dragway. Let me assure you that this default did not occur because of any failure on the part of Allbritton Enterprises, L.L.C. Allbritton Enterprises, L.L.C. has paid, to K&K Promotions, all of the rent required under the Lease. It seems apparent, however, that K&K Promotions, who we are advised is owned by Ken Berry and Kevin Watson, have chosen not to use those Lease payments to pay its Note to Tom Sanders. Given these developments, no plans can be scheduled, at this time, on Twin City Dragway's behalf, to operate the track. If the situation changes, of course, we will send you notice of that.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

I hope something can be resolved in this deal Zip. I hate the thoughts of any track closing because there just aren't any new tracks being built these days. Unfortunately with the economy being in the shape it is, I think we'll see more of these closings taking place.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:39 PM
JimmySmith
MASTER BUILDER

Default twin city

Hate to see this Zip as I have made quite a few passes there myself. Also Hate to see another track go down. Later J.Smith 4621 racing