Need help finding BG parts

Old 12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Need help finding BG parts

Does anyone know where I can get a set of 4 part # 128192 .189" double step downleg boosters for a claw / demon? I have a 775 RS that started as an oval track carb and I have converted it to the drag race setup. It has .189 downleg but not double step that it call for. Thanks for any help.

Curtis
Old 12-07-2011, 05:15 PM
coloradoracerguy
SENIOR BUILDER

Default bg parts

Give Adam at Ninja fuel systems a shout. I'm not sure if he has any of those boosters, but he might know where to get them. He used to be Tech@BG before it went under. His email is: [email protected]
Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Need

This is second hand so it might be correct.

Holley has bought Demon and will be bringing them back out. The guy that told me that said he called Holley tech line and got technical info and part numbers for a demon.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:11 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Need

Originally Posted by markdunlap
This is second hand so it might be correct.

Holley has bought Demon and will be bringing them back out. The guy that told me that said he called Holley tech line and got technical info and part numbers for a demon.
Oh good. Holley sues Grant, eventually running him out of business and then will market his design. :evil:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

That is called "A HOSTILE takeover" where I come from.....All BG's hard work over the years to do his own thing ,wheather the product was good or bad, only to have a giant corp blow him outa the water just 'cuz'....
Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
coloradoracerguy
SENIOR BUILDER

The parent company that owns Holley did buy the assets of Barry Grant Inc. They were supposed to begin a re-release of a limited part of the BG product line, ramping things back up over time, but I haven't heard anything yet. Was supposed to be news after the SEMA show, but so far nothing. Your guess is as good as mine on what's happening next. I agree with the hostile take over though. I also have somewhat of an "inside source" on some of the things that happened, but I will not discuss it at all. I just know that alot more transpired than most know about.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:50 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
I also have somewhat of an "inside source" on some of the things that happened, but I will not discuss it at all. I just know that alot more transpired than most know about.
Me too. He worked and lived 50 miles up the road. It cost him everything including a marrage.