'69 camaro and 427 big block

Old 09-14-2011, 03:28 PM
brgarris
SHOW GUEST

Default '69 camaro and 427 big block

I have a 1969 camaro which I am going to place a 427 big block in. The car was originally a small block car. I am going to run a 2" stock cowl induction hood. For a carb I am going to use a Holley Dominator. My questions is how do I know which intake to couple this with and still be okay with a 2" cowl induction hood. I have been looking for a polished high rise or ram intake. Any help on dimensions etc would be helpful. I know I must also account for an air filter. Thanks!!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I never measured mine, but I can tell you the one I traded (69 w/427) about a year ago was a SBC car to BBC. Had Team G, 950/4150 carb, 2" spacer. There was only 1/2 to 3/4" space between top of the air cleaner to bottom of 6" cowl. That said, remove the spacer & have a similar int/carb & a low profile air cleaner, I still think it would be too tall for a 2" cowl. Not much room there... might need a 4". Good luck!!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:08 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

a 4" cowl hood would look better anyways
Old 09-17-2011, 02:59 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Make sure your check you frame brackets that go to motor mounts. There is a difference between the SBC and BBC. (The BBC sit lower on the frame).
Been there, done that...