Engine Blocks

Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default engine blocks

So it looks like a Dart is the way to go,any tips on who would be the best to deal with and the best deal of course.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM
traysvega
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: engine blocks

Originally Posted by showbusiness
So it looks like a Dart is the way to go,any tips on who would be the best to deal with and the best deal of course.
Call Carl..post above your last.I think Carls still doing a full prepped CNC'd SHP block(machined and ready to go?)Arent ya Carl?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:30 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: engine blocks

Originally Posted by traysvega
Call Carl..post above your last.I think Carls still doing a full prepped CNC'd SHP block(machined and ready to go?)Arent ya Carl?
We offer an SHP block that has gone through our 4-axis CNC machining center. We have sold well over 150 of these blocks with zero problems and since these blocks came out we don't see many of the OEM blocks any more!!!

We line hone to 2.6415 and most guys up to an ARP stud for 55.00

Deck to you desired deck height

Bore if needed and plate hone to what your using for gaskets and hardware.

Clearance lifter bores to the GM spec

Chamfer the bottom of the cylinders

Chamfer freeze plug holes and cam plug hole

Tap all oil galley holes deeper

Cleaned ready to go for 1795.00

Shipped any where in the U.S. for 75.00

If this works give a call or PM me

Thanks Carl Hinkson
Old 10-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Just don't ever forget that just because it says MADE IN USA don't mean it is. I HAVE PERSONALLY STAMPED "USA" on parts made in China and sent them out. This was for work and I was told to do it. It was not me selling my stuff.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 PM
KATAutomotive
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Engine Blocks

Originally Posted by hink
Any input on the PRO-RACE copy of the Lil M blocks, need to upgrade my bow-tie. C.A.M. Performance is selling these.Thanks :? :?
Those are chinese blocks and are junk I have one here and you can have itfor free but I can tell you this its totaly junk.

I did alot of testing on those junk blocks when they first hit the market a while back.

Here are some links to go over

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

This is the link of the final probing and testing of the chinese block and it took couple of months for PBM to admit there blocks were from china, Just an up date PBM no longer sells those blocks.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0
If I was closer, i'd take it! Slap a piece of glass on it and make a nice coffee table.