Canadian Race Trailer owners please read

Old 08-27-2017, 10:36 AM
TC233
SHOW GUEST

Question Canadian Race Trailer owners please read

I am looking for a race car trailer in the US. I have purchased trailers before and brought them across the border but I always ensured there was a Statement of Compliance sticker (good to use on all US highways). I am now moving up to a larger trailer and many of them do not have the sticker? It seems like every trailer I am interested in, does not have the sticker or stickers? Is there a work around this that any of you have come up with?
Thanks for any help.

Here is the Issue from the Import Vehicle Website in Canada.

What do I need to do before attempting to permanently import my trailer into Canada?

Prior to purchasing and permanently importing your trailer into Canada, we strongly recommend the potential importer to contact our office in order to ensure the validity of the vehicle identification number (VIN). For any trailer to be compatible for import into Canada, it must first meet four basic requirements:

It must bear a legible, valid, 17-digit VIN that has been issued by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).

It must bear a legible U.S. Statement of Compliance (SOC) label, issued by the OEM.

It must bear a label, legibly indicating the vehicle's weight ratings (both GVWR and GAWR).
It must bear a label, legibly indicating the recommended tire pressures (PSI).

Note: Trailers with a GVWR of 4536kg or more, manufactured after September 1, 2007, must be listed as admissible under Section 11 of the Vehicle Import Compatibility List.
If any of these 4 basic requirements cannot be met, i.e., something is missing or illegible, the trailer will be considered incompatible with Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS) and therefore inadmissible for import into Canada.

Last edited by TC233; 08-27-2017 at 10:58 AM.