Life with a radical pro-street car

Old 08-24-2008, 02:06 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Bamfster
My thoughts....if it's too loud, noisy and radical....you're too old....LOL. I run a 12.5 small block, 600+ lift and a 4500 stall w/4.56 gears in my street car and I wouldn't have it any other way. 3.5" exhaust makes little old ladies roll their windows up.

BTW, I'm in my 40's.
OH,that reminds me,
EXCESSIVE NOISE
EXCESSIVE TAKEOFF
IMPROPER EQUIPMENT
NON-APPROVED TIRES
EXHIBITION OF SPEED
These are but a few of the charges I answered for in that old Malibu, cause you know, if ya got it....... Anyhow you're right Bamfster, I've gotten too old. :lol:
Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ill be 53 sept. 3d and the louder the better! cars and music were meant to be LOUD! i have always built high compression, tunnelramed engines for the street in the mid 80s i was giving my dad a ride in my 55 and when i went from 2d to 3d he went to say something and just as the cluch HIT his teeth hit the floor. he looked at his teeth looked at me looked at his teeth again and laughed like hello. he loved it i loved it. it was good. i still love it now my son loves it.build it to run but leave a place to hang a licence plate.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Bamfster
APPRENTICE

My kids always want to take the hotrod when we go somewhere. My daughter (8y/o) always wants me to do burnouts.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:09 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default "Street Cars"

I have a 72 GS that was a drag only car at one time. I'm running a SBC with a 671 blower. When I started to drive it on the street I hated it. The ladder bar suspension and locked rear end with a 456 gear made it horrible to drive. I changed it to a 4 link with a posi and 370 gears. Changed the racing seats to some seats with padding for a** comfort. I'm not fast anymore but I scare the hell out the kids with their pocker rockets, and sound good doing it. I don't race the car just show n go now.
Oh yeah its been tubbed and has a 6 point cage. Hope this helps you decide. My plates read "Old Kid". I'm 61 years young. :twisted:
Old 08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Originally Posted by Bamfster
My thoughts....if it's too loud, noisy and radical....you're too old....LOL. I run a 12.5 small block, 600+ lift and a 4500 stall w/4.56 gears in my street car and I wouldn't have it any other way. 3.5" exhaust makes little old ladies roll their windows up.

BTW, I'm in my 40's.
OH,that reminds me,
EXCESSIVE NOISE
EXCESSIVE TAKEOFF
IMPROPER EQUIPMENT
NON-APPROVED TIRES
EXHIBITION OF SPEED
These are but a few of the charges I answered for in that old Malibu, cause you know, if ya got it....... Anyhow you're right Bamfster, I've gotten too old. :lol:
The best is when you get pulled over and you have so much illegal stuff on your car the cop finally gives up hope lol.... Hell im famous in my part of town all the hipo's know me all the traffic cops and the sheriff is my next door neighbor lol :lol:
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I'm 47 years old , 1972 challenger, 12.5.1 -440, very radical engine dyno 600 hp, 4500 stall, dana, 4.10, 8pt cage, and love every minute we are driving on the street , 3.5 exhaust, the louder the better, 8 year old nephew loves to go for rides :!: :!:
Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

My two nephews ratted me out to my sister when I gave them a ride. :x