Mounting fuel cell in truck bed

Old 04-05-2010, 07:57 PM
kicker91laser
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Mounting fuel cell in truck bed

Are there any specific ways to mount the cell in truck beds? I am going to run a rear sumped cell in my truck and was simply going to cut the recess out for the sump and strap it to the bed. Thanks guys.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

That way sounds fine just want to make sure that you have a rubber mat under the fuel cell as well as making sure it will not slide side to side. What I would do is maount little "L" brackets so that the cell fits inside them to prevent it from moving at all. Also making sure that you have rubber between the brackets and the cell as well. All this is my own opinion and something that I would do and also a suggestion due to there being more than one possible way to mount it. I am sure that others will speak up and give other suggestions from their experiences or seeing it done other ways.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I have one in my wifes 67 c10, its a 10 gallon rci from summit. aluminum 10 gallon, it has 4 tabs already on cell and I just cut out for sump, if you need pics pm me and I will send you a couple good luck
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
I have one in my wifes 67 c10, its a 10 gallon rci from summit. aluminum 10 gallon, it has 4 tabs already on cell and I just cut out for sump, if you need pics pm me and I will send you a couple good luck
X2, that's what's going in my 1998 Sonoma stepside.

Zip.