Best aluminum BBC street head for 496

Old 11-23-2007, 11:57 AM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default bbc heads

Frank/Ed, do you have a contact name and phone number for Canfield heads? If these heads outperform and are less expensive than ARF's, I have a friend that is interested in information. Thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 12:52 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bbc heads

Originally Posted by bubbabbc
Frank/Ed, do you have a contact name and phone number for Canfield heads? If these heads outperform and are less expensive than ARF's, I have a friend that is interested in information. Thanks

http://www.canfieldheads.com/bbc.html

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

I buy bare, un-finished castings, and size the guides, do the seat work myself, surface, etc. That way, I control the finished product. I have heads come from other sources finished, and, a lot of times, I was very disapointed with the quality of the seat work, etc, and re-did them anyhow.

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Old 11-23-2007, 03:21 PM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default bbc heads

Frank, I agree with you. Even with Dart, Brodix, and AFR, I check the heads. AFR heads, assembled, IMO, are by far above the other two. I order the AFR with the parts I want, take em apart and check, and then reassemble with the AFR parts. The 305 cc are about $2150/2200 including the shipping. But if the Canfield's 310cc are less expensive and perform better, without any work, that really needs looking into. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Frank, I agree with you. Even with Dart, Brodix, and AFR, I check the heads. AFR heads, assembled, IMO, are by far above the other two. I order the AFR with the parts I want, take em apart and check, and then reassemble with the AFR parts. The 305 cc are about $2150/2200 including the shipping. But if the Canfield's 310cc are less expensive and perform better, without any work, that really needs looking into. Thanks for the info.

Don't want to steal the thread...but if you guys had to use a head "out of the box" for money reasons(until later anyway) which casting is generally the best on a standard type bbc?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:20 AM
keb1
APPRENTICE

No you didn't jump the thread TOD74
That is what I wanted to know all along.
Great question.
-
Motor City Muscle (my engine builders' shop) is in Clawson, Mich.
Clawson is right next to Troy, Mich (Home of Dart)
Al states he is an Dart dealer
Claims he can get me the Dart 308 for about $1,900
Anyone Know anything anout this 308 head ?
Keith B
Old 11-24-2007, 02:27 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Competition Products is where I buy Canfield from. I would imagine the Dart is also good in that size range too.

Ed
Old 11-24-2007, 05:20 AM
blue66
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by Tod74

Don't want to steal the thread...but if you guys had to use a head "out of the box" for money reasons(until later anyway) which casting is generally the best on a standard type bbc?
IMHO, out of the box......CFE/BMF, but they are not cheap.
2nd, AFR's w/ cnc chamber option.