Paypal?...opinions wanted.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
ed1le
APPRENTICE

On the flip side, there's no recourse for the buyer if a wire is send and the item isn't delivered...that's my situation now, out $1000 and no heads!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 AM
parrot69777
SHOW GUEST

Paypal is ok for the most part. However too many people think Ebay is like overstock.com and can return anything at anytime. When you won't accept the return...they file a "not as described" on you and paypal forces you to take the stuff back.

If the person uses a bank account or paypal funds to pay for a purchase...they only have 45 days to make a complaint. However if they used a credit card company....they have as much as a year.

Paypal and Ebay is all about the buyer and could care less about the seller.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM
e105
SHOW GUEST

i bought on ebay with paypal-item came real late[3wks] then item not as described. filed a complaint -went in my favor. i had to ship parts BACK TO SELLER before pay pal would release the refund. i had to eat the shipping charges,that's all. PAYPAL RULES FOR BOTH IN MY OPINION.if your out to screw some one you lose with paypal. the legitimate seller has no problem. :!:
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 AM
ed1le
APPRENTICE

Cash in hand if picking up or PayPal only for me moving forward. If I hadn't had someone local show up at Andy Mitchell's shop in CA (I'm in MD), I NEVER would have received my heads. I've sold hundreds of items with PayPal since 1999 and never once have had a problem as a seller. Twice I've received items not as described & PayPal has helped me recoop my cost. If you're worried seller will use PayPal to get their money back, you're probably doing something wrong....
Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 AM
parrot69777
SHOW GUEST

That's interesting.....about 2 months ago I shipped a pair of heads to some clown in North Carolina. After waiting the 45 days that paypal allows....he put in a chargeback to his credit card company claiming the items were not as described and got a refund for $645 and was allowed to keep the heads.

So now I am out the heads for a value of $645 and a refund of $645 that paypal took out of my account for a total of $1290.

Sounds fair for both people doesn't it?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Why would you ship anything without receiving the payment? You should have received the payment from paypal before ever shipping the parts. Then...if the buyer claims something is wrong, paypal does not automatically refund his money. They will hear both sides, then make a determination. In general, the guy who is selling crap that is misrepresented, seems to be the guy who doesn't care for paypal.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default m/o

I got a money order, put it my account alerted the bank that the deal was too good to be true,(full price no agrument etc) they called the bank ,it actually was a local bank m/o. A very big bank (BTW). They said it was good, 3 1/2 weeks later my bank calls me and says the M/O was no good, Blank M/O were stolen from the bank and they filled in somewhere else. My bank called again to verify and my banks branch manager spoke to a manager @ the other bank (in front of me on speaker phone) And the other manager stated they were informed to tell people that the m/o were good because they did not want to get in any trouble with the overseeing agentcies.WTF Good for me I still had the car and pick up had not happened yet. So be carefull. Thats why I do not do m/o
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM
parrot69777
SHOW GUEST

Sorry lodilobo, guess you must not have read what I posted. He paid and I shipped. When someone puts in a complaint to paypal....the money is automatically taken out of your account until the investigation is over. I have had around 1500 successful transactions with paypal. Including $6000-10,000 late model deals. It just sucks when dishonest people use paypal and get away with theft.