Does anyone know slonova??? Ad#1638353

Old 09-15-2009, 05:32 PM
OZZ
SHOW GUEST

Default Does anyone know slonova??? Ad#1638353

I want to buy the Ed Quay wing but he won't respond. If anyone knows him, please tell him to check his mail. Thank you!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:55 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ozz i ain't trying to brand anyone....but i personally will not even bother with ANYONE THAT WILL NOT POST A PHONE #.

Also what catches my eye is that he has been a member since 2004...has he sold anthing on here in 5 yrs ?...if he has where is his Honor Payment.

i would stay away unless something happens to change my Mind.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by bjuice
ozz i ain't trying to brand anyone....but i personally will not even bother with ANYONE THAT WILL NOT POST A PHONE #.

Also what catches my eye is that he has been a member since 2004...has he sold anthing on here in 5 yrs ?...if he has where is his Honor Payment.

i would stay away unless something happens to change my Mind.
I see this all the time and was curious about it.I was under the impression that it was up to you if you make a honor payment and not a requirement.Am I wront on this.I support racing junk by paying my 49-50 dollars a year I just wasnt aware that the honor payment decided whether you are a honest person or not.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:14 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

The honor payment is an option to the seller, but my GOD if they can't afford to donate 1% to Racing Junk for letting them advertise and sell thier item for them doesn't say much about the person. JMO
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 AM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thats the one and only complaint I have with this site.Granted,if one has sold items,and particularly multiple items,honor payments are most certainly in order.However,if one has never been successful at selling anything here,I don't see where an honor payment should be expected to prove a person's honesty and credibility.After all,there has been no transaction for which to be "honest and credible" for.
I'm sure plenty out there have sold and not made the payment,possibly even most have and not paid,but there's also a few of us around that have never sold the first thing here.I have,however,made two auto trades from the site.Both of which ended with my ass blazin,LOL.Don't misinterpret what I'm getting at.I most certainly do not blame racingjunk for those deals.They were both caused by haste,poor judgement and the other parties being shady.But,I most definately wasnt left feeling like I owed anyone for the pleasure(displeasure?) of those two deals!The guys here in the forum are the best bunch I have ever had the pleasure of talking with,especially when it comes to trying to right a wrong.I do love the site and spend as much or more time in the forum,at least reading the posts,although I dont post a lot lately,than I do in the classifieds.As I said in the beginning,the whole"he's not honest because he hasn't made an honor payment" thing is the one and only thing that I don't like about the site.Otherwise,it's the best place on the net!
This is just my humble opinion,you guys have definately bent over backwards to try and help me in the past,and I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone.

Glen

*edit for typos
Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 AM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Oh,by the way,I too saw the wing slonova has up for sale.It's a heck of a deal,if everything works out.I almost contacted him myself,but I figured it'd be too much of a hassle to re-work it to fit my Malibu.If anyone has or knows someone with one to fit my car,holler at me,please.

Glen
Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 AM
OZZ
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by gsforless
Oh,by the way,I too saw the wing slonova has up for sale.It's a heck of a deal,if everything works out.I almost contacted him myself,but I figured it'd be too much of a hassle to re-work it to fit my Malibu.If anyone has or knows someone with one to fit my car,holler at me,please.

Glen
Will Do! Thanks everyone! SLONOVA.......WHERE ARE YOU?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I agree gsforless. I have been a paying member for 2 years now. I had 1 trade a year ago I got burnt on and have listed a couple cars and my RV but no luck selling. So I have no honor payments. I pay my membership yearly so why should I be any different?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

BUT...I do see a lot of people with tons of ads, their profile pics full of cars that have been sold or traded (stated clearly below the pics) and yet not a single honor payment...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gsforless
Thats the one and only complaint I have with this site.Granted,if one has sold items,and particularly multiple items,honor payments are most certainly in order.However,if one has never been successful at selling anything here,I don't see where an honor payment should be expected to prove a person's honesty and credibility.After all,there has been no transaction for which to be "honest and credible" for.
I'm sure plenty out there have sold and not made the payment,possibly even most have and not paid,but there's also a few of us around that have never sold the first thing here.I have,however,made two auto trades from the site.Both of which ended with my ass blazin,LOL.Don't misinterpret what I'm getting at.I most certainly do not blame racingjunk for those deals.They were both caused by haste,poor judgement and the other parties being shady.But,I most definately wasnt left feeling like I owed anyone for the pleasure(displeasure?) of those two deals!The guys here in the forum are the best bunch I have ever had the pleasure of talking with,especially when it comes to trying to right a wrong.I do love the site and spend as much or more time in the forum,at least reading the posts,although I dont post a lot lately,than I do in the classifieds.As I said in the beginning,the whole"he's not honest because he hasn't made an honor payment" thing is the one and only thing that I don't like about the site.Otherwise,it's the best place on the net!
This is just my humble opinion,you guys have definately bent over backwards to try and help me in the past,and I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone.

Glen

*edit for typos

Lol.. I Love how some of you Guys read something and draw Your own Conclusions...lol.
Show me in my original post where i said this man was Dis-Honest because No Honor payments have been Made on his account ?...and GSFORLESS you put your Comment in " " Marks meaning you were quoting someone ...who were you Quoting ?...sure as Heck wasn't me.. :roll:

RJ is one of the few Free advertising sites around...and i will guarantee most People on the classifieds are taking full advantage of this with No Honor payments OR Membership dues....for those who pay your membership..AWESOME JOB !..its people like US the reason why we have a FREE SITE.

Racingjunk doesn't require an HONOR payment.....But the Word HONOR PAYMENT speaks for itself....its an HONOR THING ..

If you purchased, Sold, or traded thru this site and your deal was because the Site Hooked you Up...thennnnnnnnnn...i say No More...Racingjunk doesn't say you have to pay anything....but they do ask you to call Upon your Honor or in other words do what you feel is Right and ACT UPON IT.....the call is Up to you.....the 1% is only suggestion.

Just because a person doesn't make an honor payment doesn't mean they are Dis-honest...but i can say without a doubt if someone goes over and beyond and makes an Honor payment its a good indicator for someone who doesn't know them that they are a Honest person to deal with.

Besides OZZ came in here looking for Help...he was gven some Good advise on things to look for..its up to him how he goes about it.

Bottom Line Honor means different things to different people.

Below is what is said on the Honor payment page...it pretty much explains it so all can understand the Honor payment on RJ

Nice Sale, bjuice

Paypal
Credit Card Enter Amount:
$ .

Why Make an Honor Payment?
The Trust Factor.
Honor payments build trust all around.
•We don't ask for an honor payment until you've made your sale and actually received payment from your purchaser.

•Once you've made an honor payment, you can rate the person you sold to and they can rate you. Making an honor payment lets you build your seller rating, which builds up your reputation with buyers. More about our RATING SYSTEM.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -