327 SMALL BLOCK SNOWMOBILE

Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I love the gomobile. Oiling is the first thing I thought about then all that white stuff on the ground. Looks cold. Not for me :lol:

I've never seen a snow mobile so excuse my ignorance. What kind of transmission does it have and how'ed you hook it to the V8?

I would have to put a fake pull starter on it if it were mine! And act like I was pulling it when I hit the starter button!

It has a snowmobile clutch mounted to the crankshaft and runs a normal snowmobile belt.

I like the fake pull starter idea, going to do that for sure!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

how did i miss seeing this till now ....lol that is bad ass
Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Some updated pictures of the sled...
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ok naysayers, you HAVE NO HOTROD spirit! looks like chevynovaman does thou! hell guys hotroders been building fast things since the very beginning.i dont like snow mobiles because i dont like snow but i sure would like to ride that baby. i ridin v8 bikes so why not. my hats off to you chevynovaman.as far as carbs go, ive always wonder about sideways carbs on a car, they seem to work on a blown engine so why not a snowmobile? how the hell do they work sidways anyway?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
ok naysayers, you HAVE NO HOTROD spirit! looks like chevynovaman does thou! hell guys hotroders been building fast things since the very beginning.i dont like snow mobiles because i dont like snow but i sure would like to ride that baby. i ridin v8 bikes so why not. my hats off to you chevynovaman.as far as carbs go, ive always wonder about sideways carbs on a car, they seem to work on a blown engine so why not a snowmobile? how the hell do they work sidways anyway?
Actually since I built the sled, I look forward to winters now. I have had more fun and excitement with this then you could imagine. I will never forget the first time I took it to the snowmobile drags event at anchor bay and 200 peple went into shock over it..
For the first two years I had a holley 650 dp on it and never missed a beat ever.. Now it is fuel injected with a holley pro jection and works very well also.. Thanks for the comments
Old 10-13-2012, 06:26 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Default 327 small block snowmobile

I really like that hot rod you have built. I could see myself on that thing about 40yrs ago! Bad to the bone, cold bones in your case! Just one sugestion, if you turn many rpm's I'd like to see you put a harmonic balancer shield or sfi damper on it. Extreme cold weather may make it more brittle, I don't know. It may never let go, but if it does you are too close to it with nothing in between. JMO. Keep on racing and having fun.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

cool sled
Old 05-19-2014, 04:29 PM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Checkout youtube.com 327 polaris 124 mph