Remember Super Shops ???

Old 03-08-2010, 08:15 AM
byrd77
SHOW GUEST

Default Remember Super Shops ???

Hey all you Drag Racers, Muscle Cars, Hot Rods and everyone else. I'm trying to bring the Super Shops back to Southwest MO, They were out here in the 90s and then got bought out . I want to re open a Speed Shop Performance Parts just south of Springfield MO in Nixa. I'm not trying to hurt the local guys, not taking business away from others , just throwing my hat in the ring. There are thousands of car crazy people, just trying to help them out. What do you think ?? This Speed Shop will be independently owned not corprate :lol: let me know on this page or email at [email protected] thank you[/img]
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I wish you the best!!! If there were one here in Oregon, I would go!!! I remember there being a couple when I lived in AZ back in the 80's... "Lopers" & another one I can't remember the name of. It is competitive I bet; tough margins on some product, & all the over-head to boot. Back then, internet & mail order was not as bad/competitive... but I would make the trip to go every time to support local. Scoot
Old 03-08-2010, 05:11 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

we have a guy here that builts left turn cars and it reminds me of when we had a good machine/speed shop here in town. you can go into his shop whatch him build cars even the occasional hot rod and spend few hours shootin the chit and bouncing ideas off other guys. the machine shop closed but one of the employees opened his own but no comroddery and since hes about the only game in town for machine work he has a major chip on his shoulders and is kind of a rude azz to people. where as the old machine shop you could shoot the chit with the guys up front or in back get advice and learn what combos would work what ones might and what ones wouldnt work at all. yep the days of yore
Old 03-08-2010, 05:12 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

there used to be a supershops in yakima wa, a long time ago, man I walked in there and was in heaven
Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

I worked at SuperShops in Savannah Ga back in 94-95.Really miss it.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

mAN THAT WAS THE GOOD OLD DAYS..I WORKED AT SuperShops IN TULSA, OKLA... WAY BACK IN 82 OR 85 DAMN.. I GETTING SO OLD I CANT REMEMBER...LOL
Old 03-09-2010, 12:47 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I remember there being a Super Shops in Fresno, CA. I never knew what happen to them but all I know a 4wheel drive wholesale place moved in and was never the same. I even bought an anodized Blue flex fan for my Ranchero from that Super Shops.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:08 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

We had one in Waco Tx. Back in the late 80's we used to park there on Saturday nights until everyone was there and then we would go out to the booneis and street race.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 AM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Default Website

Found this while looking around today.http://www.supershopsracing.com/
Old 03-10-2010, 06:06 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Randy,
Good find brother!
Who wants to go in halves with me and open a franchise in the Charlotte area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -