SCE ICS TITAN HEAD GASKETS

Old 02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default SCE ICS TITAN HEAD GASKETS

Has anybody used these gaskets for BBC.These are the copper gaskets with the built in o-ring and the silicone beads on the water and oil passages.Just wandering if these work or not and if they require a slick finish on the block and heads like the MLS gaskets require.Thanks
Old 02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

I used them on a SBC,I had no luck with them tried 2 sets and had to send them back to sce,and then I just oringed my block and used the standard copper head gasket and now I have no problems at all, If I were you and didn't want to o-ring your block use cometic head gaskets and they require a smooth head and block surface.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:22 AM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

I've got them on my 496. Fresh motor, so can't give much info yet. My last set of MLS's burned through between cyl. 4 & 6, cutting a gouge half as thick as my little finger into my iron heads. Have since upped the compression, so I wanted more protection for my new high dollar aluminum heads. I really like their design.

-Tanner

P.S. I believe Ken is using them also, so you might PM him about them. You will have to retorque these gaskets after first couple of heat cycles. Mine didn't back off, but others have had water leaks if they didn't retorque, as advised by the company.