tried of this trading deal

Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 PM
skeeter272
SHOW GUEST

Default tried of this trading deal

I'll start like this almost a year and some months have past I made a trade with a man from tenn. for my 76 nova for his 77 camaro my ad stated I was giving a car plus a th350 standard shift and a 350 that I (was) rebulding at a local shop but was not complete.(disasembled) I also state in my ad that I had head to go with this engine (not new nor aluminum) the body of my nova was in great shape and I had a outlaw hood on it. A deal was made so I drove to tenn. at which point I lost the hood about 10 mile from his home. I told him that I lost the hood and if he wanted to end the deal it would be ok with me but he wanted the nova so the deal was made. Now after all this time this man has emailed me saying I owe him more parts because I lost the hood and he did not want the heads that I brought. Is this the making of a scam. I didnt promise anything speical items in my ad nor did I say I had a good engine setup and I gave him the benfit of the doubt if he didnt want my car due to the hood miss. Do you think I'm wrong for telling him I aint sending part to him. A deal was a deal and it was a hand shake deal
Old 06-30-2007, 06:22 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

If all is the way you say it went and he wanted to trade anyway and it has been that long since the trade, then I would not think he is justified in wanting more from you....But it also does not mean he is trying to scam you...