Trailer story

Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Default Trailer story

The recent post for I hate trailer ads sparked an incodent that happened early this summer for me. Its kind of a funny story that I will cherrish for years to come. I got the trailer ad from RJ. I contacted the guy living in Argos Indiana, about 2 hours away he agreed to meet me 1/2 way for the transaction spot. The price was 5500.00 and it was one of only 2, 24 footers available within my area for sale. I awake the next day to a call from a friend of mine saying the same guy has the trailer for sale on maximumdirt.com for 4900.00. I look it up, sure enough same guy same trailer, so I print it out and leave to pick it up.

My full intention was to show him the sheet and offer him 5200.00 and split the difference with him, I really needed the trailer. We meet at a walmart parking lot, he is inside shopping and I wait 1/2 hour for him to show up at his truck. He comes out and He says, finally you show up, in this sarcastic smart azz tone, sorry but ive been here 30 minutes waiting. Since we are getting along so well I hand him the print out, he reads it, he gets that I need a mintos momment look on his face. His wife says what is it, he says its the other ad. He then shoves the paper in my chest and says HEJJ NO its 5500.00 for you. I say I will meet you 1/2 way at 5200.00 for your 4900.00 trailer, He syas HEJJ NO ITS 5500.00 here and now. I say lets go to your driveway and I will give you 5200.00. HEJJ NO he says for you anywhere its 5500.00.

Well really needing a trailer as I am moving in 2 weeks and need storage for my car, I say well lets look at it. He ran a dirt car out of it so its a complete mess inside, all plywood floors walls ceiling, there is a broken spot on the floor I almost fell through, it has 3 different kinds of car tires, not load rated trailer tires on it. We are now at strike 3, I say lets see the awning out, he says well its kinda hard to get out and just stands there. I say well I want to see it, he says DAMN anything else ? I said ya if I am shelling out 5500.00 for a 4900.00 trailer, I want to see it. We get the awning out about 4 feet, and there is a 3 foot square patch at the front corner, and then another one at the bottom. We fought the awning in and out, as it is jamming all the way. Then he gets into this story how his dad is a seamstress and the patch work is as good as new.

Strike 4, I am getting ready to reach into my pocket and pull out the cash and he yells, I AINT GOT ALL F---ING DAY, EITHER BUY THE SON OF A BIOTCH OR DONT. Of coarse his wife is starting in on me now, a real class act her self. So I said O.K. and walked over and got into my truck and drove off. They were both standing there watching me drive off with this glassy look in their eyes, like, I cant beleive he just drove off.

I got back home and a few hours later check the ads again, they were both removed from both sites. What a Tool !!!!!!!

Luckily the other trailer was still available, 1500.00 more, but it has the correct tires 2 weeks old on aluminum mags, nice graphics, diamond plate floors 14 D-rings, nice finished walls and ceiling, a nitrogen gas fill station, electric jack, tool box style locking cabinets, and a 24 foot awning that you can actually drive the car under. So it worked out for the better.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:54 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

I applaud you... you have a whole lot more patience than I do... I don't care how deperate I was, I would have told him to go F himself at strike 1, and found a storeage rental or buddy who could help for a few more days. I am really glad the other trailer was still available, and that lesson just goes to show you don't ever be pressured into making regretable mistakes by dumbass crooks!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:17 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DRTRCR22
I applaud you... you have a whole lot more patience than I do... I don't care how deperate I was, I would have told him to go F himself at strike 1, and found a storeage rental or buddy who could help for a few more days. I am really glad the other trailer was still available, and that lesson just goes to show you don't ever be pressured into making regretable mistakes by dumbass crooks!
SAME HERE. He'd a been lucky that I didn't stuff a fist in his face ......A real piece of art that guy is !
GREAT looking trailer that you have NOW !! Everything happens for a reason
Old 12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good looking trailer. Good story too... I laughed when you drove away!! LOL!!! No doubt you did the right thing!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:07 PM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

QUOTE DrivingMissDD- SAME HERE. He'd a been lucky that I didn't stuff a fist in his face ......A real piece of art that guy is !

Thats funny you say that, I must be getting old. I got home and told my wife the story, her answer was, When are the police going to get here to pick you up ? I was very impressed with myself for not even getting mad about it, I was laughing all the way home thinking about the look on thier face when I was driving off.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:53 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

You were smart and the wiser to just drive off. Folks like that are not worth getting in trouble over. I would have done the same after strike one but would have been thinking how good a broken nose would've looked along with his look of disbelief. Ya done good dude.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Well done, even if you are in a "must have" situation, it's good to walk.
Dave
Old 12-31-2009, 04:39 PM
WildBillRacing
SHOW GUEST

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!
That look on their faces must have been priceless! :P
Old 12-31-2009, 10:08 PM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

Good for you !!! If it aint right , dont do it. Better things come along, especialy in todays economy. Just gotta look hard enuff.
Some pics of the nitrogen station would be cool.

Craig
Old 01-01-2010, 02:38 PM
bbrejcha
SHOW GUEST

Default bad dealings

It does not take much for me to walk away but it sounds like you drove so far to get that trailer too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -