41 willys

Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 AM
dlhill4595
SHOW GUEST

Default 41 willys

does anyone know what the difference on a Willys 41 fiberglass solid body where the fenders are attached permantley as opposed to an outlaw body where the fenders come off Advantages and disadvantages if anyone also knows if there is a big cost difference between the two it would be much appreciated Thanks
Old 09-08-2012, 02:31 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

1 advantage in my opinion on no molded to the body fenders is if they happen to get fudged up on the road beyond repair then they can be replaced. im not sure on the willys but most companies offer stock and various widths of rear fender widthes
Old 09-08-2012, 04:20 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've got a 41 Willy's with an Alson Tube chassis. The rear fenders are installed, but with pop rivets, the front end is lift off, seperate hood. My has all the front inter fender wells/seperate pieces, all interior moldings, etc. can be run on the street or drag. mine didn't come with floors, but did come with firewall. i don't see much difference, you can still put 14" tires under stock rear fenders, atleast with the chassis that i have. it's an A/arm front and 4 link back. It is for sale (please guys this is not an add) as i said i don't see a lot of difference.

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ive got a 41 with moulded front end and rear fenders.i like the idea of the rear being moulded on but im gonna cut the front end loose so i can make it a flip. ever try to put a engine in a car that aint hardley wide enough for a 4 banger let alone a v8.hell i can even get to the plugs because the fenders are in the way. so if the flip i can just sit on a wheel and go to work....
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

Is this going to be street driven or just a race car? How big are the rear tires going to be? One thing you have to consider is with big rear tires it is a real pain to get them on and off if the rear fenders are molded to the body. Mine are removable and held on by zsus fasteners, makes removing the rear wheels very easy.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i have a narrowed rearend so i dont have no problems. just have to jack her up kinda high!!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I like those 'narrowed rear ends' 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)