Trying for all I can get and pass calif smog.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:55 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Trying for all I can get and pass calif smog.

350 sbc with full roller rockers and flow master exhaust and flame thrower dist with shift kit .Wondering if a double roller timing chain will free up a few more ponies with this combo.Car runs titts but I want all I can get and still pass the smog test.Electric fan is on the list too.Basicly I am just trying to free up the ponies that I already have.(less friction)The full roller rockers made a big diff in performance.Cant change carb,intake,stock exhaust manifolds.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:39 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I'd spray nitrous in between smog checks? A sneaky pete system would be an easy instal and uninstal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nos-S...em140218644467
Charles
Old 03-26-2008, 12:51 AM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanks Chrales.I have not too much exp with the spray.I've been around the spray.Not ready to blow a whole in one of my stock pistons.Too much spray and timing.Not enough fuel.KA BOOM!!!!!!Nope I will leave that to the spray pros.LOL .Just cant take a chance on killing a good engine.My engine runs too good for me to exp with the spray..That 30 shot may be good to start and learn some spray knowledge.HMMMMM......
Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've been told in Illinois that if you put a car on alcohol it makes it an alternative fuel vehicle. It is then exempt to smog checks. :wink:
Old 03-26-2008, 04:37 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

move !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Well there you have Chris, its nos, alcohol, or move. Take your pick...lol
Charles
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Your right charles.This post is a done deal.Any hot rods 76 or later.Dont come to Calif. Big headache when time to pass smog.There are ways to wheel and deal.But noway around it when DMV says test only.I've been to test only 3 times.You never know when DMV pulls that card. Mostly due to when they are focusing on the older cars here in calif.