My newest ride but not a racer..

Old 12-19-2007, 04:35 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Default My newest ride but not a racer..

Last saturday I picked up this little sweetheart to add to my other one. Its a 1986 Buick Century GS that was only produced in 1986. I had my first one in 1990,but my EX decided I really didn't need it afterall... Took me 16 years to replace it(but only 8 to replace her...lol)My second one will be fixed up a bit more so I can teach my daughter how to drag race sefley in it. She is so pumped that we are going to let her race that she bugs me all the time. I told her that she will have to help out with maintenance on the car and have to help work on it as well. They have a 3.8L with a 4 speed auto. Figure she will be in the 15's in the 1/4 and she can learn at a slow pace..This is my 3rd one I have owned and 2nd one I currently own.
[img][/img]
Old 12-19-2007, 04:38 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Oh yeah, here's the one Sarah will be ripping with...
[img][/img]
Old 12-20-2007, 09:23 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

You know I remember when my two sons were that age and when they started racing. It will be a fun time for you when your daughter get's started. I bought a video camera and taped just about every pass and it show how they progress as the years go on.

We still look at the videos today. I'm happy for you and your daughter. It will be an awesome experience for your family. Plus you can do things together as a family.

Doesn't get any better than that :wink:
Old 12-20-2007, 02:14 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Actually,
I am happy that she's asked. We have been to my local track several times in her life and went to a few Buick related racing events the past couple years. I thought since the car in the 2nd picture isn't quite as nice as the one I just picked up,that it would be a fun project for us. She's shown a willingness to work on the car and help do the mechanical duties too. That is impressive enough. She asked if I'd consider letting her race and I thought that starting out with a stock,but cool looking car would be a great start. She wants to graduate up to my 70 racecar with a 462 Buick motor and show dad how it's done... :roll: I can't wait to see how she does. The good part is that since its a slower car, I get to ride in it to help her learn the correct way to do race.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

That's fantastic, Pat! It's cool that she wanted to do something that you could spend time on together! But you must keep in mind in the future, that YOU are the one who taught HER how to "tree" YOU! :lol: Hope all the best for you both!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:42 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Well...
I didn't say I was going to teach her "all" my little secrets.. Wont look good getting my butt handed to me by my daughter right away... :mrgreen: