E-85?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:00 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Only one I have now thats not in my car is a 6750 and I think you'd find it'd be a big lug in there. Keep on after it, I know you'll get there as people always says rome wasnt built in a day was it lol
Old 07-18-2009, 05:33 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default E-85?

Originally Posted by hammertime
My honest thoughts on running a toilet on anything but alky is a bad idea. They are very hard to tune when people swap to gas I cant imagine the E-85 would be any better.

Email this link and ask [email protected] He knows way more then them boys at rons out west know.

Loose converter is a cure all fix to make a care deadly consistent
Well after waiting since Thursday,WITH NO Responce?
These Guys as Others much REALY Be on Top of there Game???
To BUSY TO RESPOND?
I'll spend the few PENNIES i have Left with Someone Who GIVES A S#!T!!!
Later
G :?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:47 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

He has a larage email/call Volume for sure but usually gets back with ya.
I think if you want to go to E-85 a APD E-85 is a better option, I'd leave the toilet on alky its easier to tune and work with.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:10 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default E-85?

Later
G 8)
Old 07-18-2009, 11:11 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: E-85?

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Originally Posted by hammertime
He has a larage email/call Volume for sure but usually gets back with ya.
I think if you want to go to E-85 a APD E-85 is a better option, I'd leave the toilet on alky its easier to tune and work with.
Well lets see?
I have the Toilet,and all of the nessesary Components!
I DONT have the ADP-Carb?Last time i Checked,They were'nt handing them out?Maybe things have Changed???
I'm sure that these Carbs are say,1000.00 to 1300.00?
I think that this Toilet will WORK Just FINE!!!
You have to remember,i do this as i can?And Lately,AS = NOT Very Often!
In other words,i have to use the Parts i have,and MAKE Them Work?I cant run out and Buy a different set-up for Everyday of the WEEK.......?Wish i could,but them Days are Gone along with my INCOME!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 07-18-2009, 11:40 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know what the burn ratio of E85 is compared to alcohol, i know nothing about E85, but i would put the pill in that Rons recommended for a starting point, pull the high side chip out and bring it up on the converter that you have. Change the pill up and down until you get the highest stall and that should atleast get you down the track.
But as David says alcohol runs great with a bowl and is not much more than E85, in fact about $2.15 a gal. for me, or $120.00 a drum. And i know about like of $'s, i'm retired and Uncle doesn't pay me all that much per month.

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:58 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default e

Hey Zip,
The ONLY Reason that i will Try the Corn?Is that US41 Dragway has Developed a Pro E-85 Class ,it will be alot like a Q/16 Door car deal,-GREAT PAYBACK-They want the Cars to resemble a Car that you Might see on the Street,NO FULL TUBE CARS,Have to have E-85 in the Tank,can RUN any type of Power Adder you Want,And Heres the BEST Part?
8.90 Index
So Realy WHO Gives a Flying F K What Power adder you Run,Go Faster than 8.90 and GO HOME!
Mostly cars like Mine,over 3000 lbs,Fairly Stock int.2 Seats,NO DECALS or Lettering!!!
Maybe by the Aug.22 race?Just Got Home with a Converter,so ill get the Car ready and run it on Gas or Alcohol this weekend and then do the Switch?
Later
G 8)
Old 07-18-2009, 10:49 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: e

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Hey Zip,
The ONLY Reason that i will Try the Corn?Is that US41 Dragway has Developed a Pro E-85 Class ,it will be alot like a Q/16 Door car deal,-GREAT PAYBACK-They want the Cars to resemble a Car that you Might see on the Street,NO FULL TUBE CARS,Have to have E-85 in the Tank,can RUN any type of Power Adder you Want,And Heres the BEST Part?
8.90 Index
So Realy WHO Gives a Flying F K What Power adder you Run,Go Faster than 8.90 and GO HOME!
Mostly cars like Mine,over 3000 lbs,Fairly Stock int.2 Seats,NO DECALS or Lettering!!!
Maybe by the Aug.22 race?Just Got Home with a Converter,so ill get the Car ready and run it on Gas or Alcohol this weekend and then do the Switch?
Later
G 8)
Gottya, my Malibu was once a heavy street car, any motor, but stock front suspension, 2 seats, 3000lbs plus. Heck it's even got rollup windows, all original glass, and all the instruments, including AC controls, full carpet,etc. HEHE took the radio out (dam noisey headers) Like i said in my previous post, i know nothing about the E85, but the burn ratio of alcohol to gas is roughly 1.66 to 1 and if you know the ratio of E85 it should be pretty easy to hit the right tuneup on nozzles and jetting (return pills) I'd be courious to know if you find out the burn ratio, or when you get it changed over to the E85. I was running a supercharged sm/blk over 40 yrs. ago, but i'm still learning at age 70, and still driving and racing. I used to buy Cris the Greek used slicks 45yrs. ago when i lived in Chgo. and was running a blown car. intrestingly enough, he has qualifed at 2 or 3 events already this yr. in TF and admiting to be atleast 80 yrs. old. Definately one of my heros, as is Austin Coil, i used to race against him when he ran the Chgo. land Dodge car of Mr Norms. Intresting what life holds for a person, they're now million aires and i'm broke, they chose to race i chose to have a family and a bunch of kids. I'm not jealous, just broke.

Zip.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:23 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default E-85?

Zip,
Didnt Realize you were From CHI-TOWN?
I was Born Next Store(MURDER CAPITAL of The WORLD) Gary,In.
How many Laps had you made down OLD US 30?
I was Rasied there in the 60's,70's up until 1985,the Day the Gate NEVER reopened?
My Dad ran a B/Gas Digger.
Anyway,i'll let you know how things Shake out?
My dad and myself were just Dissusing how thw Greek is Still getting it Done @ 80+,I suer remember some the Old Golden Greek cars?WOW!
Later
G 8)
Old 07-19-2009, 08:48 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

HaHa, Sunday,Sunday, US 30 Drayway. Man i don't know how many passes i made down US 30, won a 1/2 doz. trophys in 58 and 59 running 348 Chevies, i also ran Oswego, Rockford and Union Grove, until 1968 when i moved to SC, i was running a supercharged 56 Tbird, called bird of paradise, ran lower 10.'s at 140 mph. Set a record in 1966 in A/Modified sports in AHRA at Oswego. I built it in 1964.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -