13 year old behind the wheel.....

Old 12-22-2008, 05:51 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default 13 year old behind the wheel.....

In car view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8lmy38rPG4

From the stands same race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgfudZv9R4

Passmore Racing #86 Mini Stock Car race.Thirteen year old David Passmore Jr. driving the #86 Acura Integra.David led 16 laps when his tires went away and was holding 2nd place till the radiator hose blew off with 6 laps to go.Engine RPM was 7500-8000.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:51 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

His new ride.....for 09' is a 2003 Larry Shaw CLM.

http://passmore.zenfolio.com/p460482...58ec#h115f58ec
Old 02-01-2009, 06:22 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I WILL JUST SAY ONE THING---THAT IS TOTALLY STUPID TO LET A 13 YEAR OLD[I DO NOT CARE HOW GOOD HE IS ]TO RACE IN A RACE OF THIS TYPE

IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG ALOT OF HEADS WOULD ROLL FOR SURE IN THIS AGE OF LAWYERS AND GREED
WE SAW THE SAME THING WITH A KID ON A FAST DRAG PIPE AWHILE BACK

MY OPINION -BUT I HAVE SEEN KIDS HURT BEFORE BY THEIR PARENTS EGO!!!!!!!

I DID HELP RUN A STOCK CAR TRACK FOR A FEW YEARS AND OUR INSURANCE WOULD NOT ALLOW IT-PERIOD!!!!
LIVELY
Old 02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

I know what you're saying although it's probably safer than the karts he raced.A good seat cage seatbelts an HANS are better than nothing.
Here's one where he got lucky.He's the one on bottom.These are 60mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYUneSLZwkA

Here he is going 80mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-pg5RryQs

He'll be going 70-80 in the car.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WHAT I HOPE YOU DO--TEACH HIM THAT HE CAN LOSE!!!THAT HE CAN BE WRONG AND ADMIT IT!! THAT HE IS NOT GOD AND IF HE HURTS SOMEONE BECAUSE OF GETTING TOO COCKY ON THE TRACK THAT HIS CAREER SHOULD STOP IMMEDIATLY!!
I HAD A MOTHER A FEW YEARS BACK WHO TAUGHT HER SON THAT HE COULD DO NO WRONG AT ALL EVEN WHEN HE CHEATED ON HIS CAR AND ON THE TRACK-HE RAN A FAST MODIFIED[HAD 2 IN THE TRAILER] AND SHOWED AT THE TRACK I TECHED
HE HAD ALUMUNIM HEADS /PAINTED BLACK/ ALUMNUM FRAME RAILS /PAINTED BLACK
WE CAUGHT BOTH ITEMS AND KICKED HIM OUT AND KEPT HIS PRIZE MONEY---HE WENT CRAZY IN THE PITS THROWING THINGS /CUSSING/ SCREAMING AND HIS MOM ALONG WITH HIM--HE WAS A TEENAGER WITH A FALSE IDEA BUT STILL ONE OF THE TOP POINTS GUYS IN THE MIDWEST---BUT---HE COULD NOT STAND GETTING CAUGHT[STUPID IN MY BOOK]

YOUR YOUNG MAN LOOKS VERY TALENTED/ AND I HOPE LEARNS WHAT RUNNING FAIR MEANS AT HIS EARLY AGE//THERE IS NO GLORY IN CHEATING TO WIN
I STARTED BUILDING AND DRAG RACING WHEN I WAS 14 BUT MY OLDER BROTHER BEAT INTO MY HEAD WHAT HONESTY AND HARD WORK COULD DO FOR YOU--I WON 2 TROPHIES MY FIRST RACE AT 16 AND WAS VERY PROUD BUT SCARED TO DEATH
I STILL GET SCARED AND AM A YOUNG 54 YEARS OLD

I WISH YOU SAFE RACING BUT HAVE FUN ,TOO
GOOD LUCK-- LIVELY
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

He's a good kid with integrity and patience.He's lost alot more then he's won.He's been taught not to try and get even on the track.I've taight him that if he tries to get back at someone,they'll do the same the next week,and then when would it ever win.He's gained the respect of his peers and mentors.If you read what the track officials wrote about him you'd understand that he's as if not more mature than some of the adults he's raced.He started driving the cars last summer and after 3 races of just driving around mid pack we gave him the go ahead and he finished 4th in a feature and wn a 10 lap shootout.We're starting now so we can take our time.He's been told he's not out there to prove anything to anyone just make his laps and get seat time.Hopefully it will teach him early enough to have a shot a "some" type of professional career.What kind hasn't been important yet just if he gets an opportunity I let him take it for the experience.The mini stock ride was just an opportunity that someone wanted to give him to see what he was capable of,after him just riding around(started him in the rear) 3 races he put him in the slowest car he had thinking that that was all he was capable of,when I gave him the go ahead he took the little accord running against integras and a focus and put it up front the first time.He hit his marks lap after lap,and that's what wins races.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I applaud your tact in introducing your young racer to racing in the way you are. Learning how to WIN with grace is also important, but it seems you have it all under control ! BRAVO for you and yours !
I've circle burned in the past and will again in the near future. I love the intensity and total focus as well as the adrenaline shot of door to door lap after lap of closed circuit racing, circle or road. Take good care of him and good luck ! Keep us posted on events as they unfold.