Headers for 48 Ford pickup with 350 Small Block

Old 02-26-2012, 04:58 PM
DHVoorhees
SHOW GUEST

Default Headers for 48 Ford pickup with 350 Small Block

I have a 1948 Ford Pickup with a 350ci Chevy small block and wondered if anyone knows what headers (make of vehicle,model,year) would fit with minimum modifications if any. I think shorty headers would be ok, but I'm looking for a long tube style.
Thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Stock front suspension or something else ?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Headers for 48 Ford pickup with 350 Small Block

Originally Posted by DHVoorhees
I have a 1948 Ford Pickup with a 350ci Chevy small block and wondered if anyone knows what headers (make of vehicle,model,year) would fit with minimum modifications if any. I think shorty headers would be ok, but I'm looking for a long tube style.
Thanks
Sanderson (and a couple of others) make long tube style headers in several different lengths for early Ford applications. Had a set of Hookers on my '34 sedan for a while, but with a real low car, they end up being the skid plate as often as not (if you really drive it) and you're constantly fixing header leaks . . Not to mention the hot floorboards created by those big hot pipes just under your toes . .

Block huggers are really the way to go, cheap, clears everything, easy to hook a head pipe to . . In the '34's new incarnation I put a set of cleaned out, polished and Jet Hotted 375 HP Corvette Cast Iron manifolds on it. They're quieter, cooler, look just as good and as the Bullet's a crate Vortec with a 144S on it, breathing shouldn't be a problem . .