injection pumps

Old 02-10-2012, 07:32 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

About 3 yrs ago a guy Suicide Bomb, (Earl Follet) Pm'ed me for help with his injection 2 3/16" stacks, he had a rebuilt pump. The first thing i did was have him change to #18 nozzles, and then we worked thru the tuneup, his best run 10.22@124mph, his car is a Fiat Altered, less than 2,000 lbs, before the season was over he ran 9.08 @ 143 mph, that with a 406" on alcohol, he had #14's in the motor in the beginning. Now grant it he did lot's of other issues, besides the nozzles.

Now Don Enreques is a very competent tuner, one of the best i know and the only person i deal with at Hilborn, he also runs a nastalga front engine
dragster with stacks sm/blk chevy and is one of a very few people that runs over 200 mph in the class. Like BBchevy says i think also he misunderstood the imfo.

Zip.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Speaking of Suicide, he's one of our MIA's......

Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 PM
qiksix
CRAFTSMAN

So Zip would you say i try 16s or 18s, after i get a new pump.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:14 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by qiksix
So Zip would you say i try 16s or 18s, after i get a new pump.
are your nozzles on the inside of the injectors or the outside like the old injection setup? If they are on the inside shooting straight into the cylinder heads, i have a set of 16AS 3 1/2" long that you can have for $150.00, course you'd be getting 2 extra's for free. They are straight nozzles not 90* hose connections. They are used but like new with screens and all, or if you want PM and we can talk about it, they are about $280.00 new or more.

Zip.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:34 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

Not MIA, DD he got booted by BJ about 1 1/2 yrs ago for taking up for CP/Charlie when CP got into a pi$$ing contest with BJ over something stupid, but in reality CP is an instigator (even at the track) and i personally know both of them. I talk to Suicide Bomb every coupleweeks or his wife. That's one of the reasons i almost never get into pi$$ing contest.
I could have got into one with the 69 Camero VS 55 Chevy, because i sold a 55 on ebay about 3 yrs ago for $37,500.00 and pissed off 2 people because i pulled the ad 1 1/2 days before it expired, because someone within 40 miles of me pm'ed me with an offer with cash in hand. The bid was up to $36,000.00 at the time, i can tell you it would have taken a 69 RS COPO to even be consided for a trade. The 2 guys that got pi$$ed were waiting for a last minute dash and got caught with their pants down. It was Barret and Jackson quality we thought about taking it to Fla. for their auction. Wea lso just bought a 69 Camero painted and with $3500.00 worth of new interior #'s matching 350 rust free for $10,500.00. it was a no brainer. I know where there is a 55 chevy rust free roller for $4,000.00, but it cost 2 times as much to build a 55 as it does a Camero.

Zip.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:05 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

Not MIA, DD he got booted by BJ about 1 1/2 yrs ago for taking up for CP/Charlie when CP got into a pi$$ing contest with BJ over something stupid, but in reality CP is an instigator (even at the track) and i personally know both of them. I talk to Suicide Bomb every coupleweeks or his wife. That's one of the reasons i almost never get into pi$$ing contest.
I could have got into one with the 69 Camero VS 55 Chevy, because i sold a 55 on ebay about 3 yrs ago for $37,500.00 and pissed off 2 people because i pulled the ad 1 1/2 days before it expired, because someone within 40 miles of me pm'ed me with an offer with cash in hand. The bid was up to $36,000.00 at the time, i can tell you it would have taken a 69 RS COPO to even be consided for a trade. The 2 guys that got pi$$ed were waiting for a last minute dash and got caught with their pants down. It was Barret and Jackson quality we thought about taking it to Fla. for their auction. Wea lso just bought a 69 Camero painted and with $3500.00 worth of new interior #'s matching 350 rust free for $10,500.00. it was a no brainer. I know where there is a 55 chevy rust free roller for $4,000.00, but it cost 2 times as much to build a 55 as it does a Camero.

Zip.
I beg to differ I know Charlie on a personal level.I live in Calif I ventured to Bartlett Tenn to meet Charlie on two different occasions.Each visit we took his 69 to Byhalia and Holly Springs.Charles was very cool to say the least.The other racers enjoyed Charlies company at the track from what I could see.I didnt see any bad blood between Charles and the other racers. On a forum you might not really now the member on a personal level.I do and have no bad words against Charles.Stand up guy from what I know of him in over 6 years.I highly doubt Zip you know Charles at my level with him.Not standing up for Charlie just speaking REAL TALK!!!!!
If you like we can discuss this over a pm over my reply to this thread..
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Suicide Bomb got banned?! Man,he was always so kind to me. I have been away from here for a while and have been trying to find Earl. That sucks :cry:
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Now Don Enreques is a very competent tuner, one of the best i know and the only person i deal with at Hilborn, he also runs a nastalga front engine
dragster with stacks sm/blk chevy and is one of a very few people that runs over 200 mph in the class. Like BBchevy says i think also he misunderstood the imfo.

Zip.
There's hardly anybody in the whole world that knows more about normally aspirated Mechanical Fuel Injection than Don Enriques (Maybe Gene Snow) so what ever he tells you, unless he didn't have enough information, is generally right on the nuts . . Raced a Jr. Fueler back in the late 60's and they (Gene Adams and Don) had the benchmark car (A "Roy Car' with a little 300" De Soto Hemi in it) . . we all were running 7.10s and they were running 6.90s . . . And that's back when your dial in in Comp was the Nat'l record . . made things awful tough for us dumber guys . . .