468 bbc lay over

Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wildchild71
i've tired from the smallest pill to the largest pill nothing changes ...
If you've changed from the smallest pill to the largest pill and no changes. Thats a problem in itself, should have been major changes in the car.....
You may need a high speed lean out. Kinda weird some need it some don't. Are you using a 0-.5 pump or a 0 pump. Do you have a 50% reduction in the crank gear to the pump gear? If you pull the chips out will it stall up on the converter right.....and to the right stall rpm?
Old 07-17-2009, 04:05 AM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Wild,Try this,Put trans in reverse, back up,take trans out or reverse or release brake button if pro brake.If car still seams like it wants to move backwards the reverse clutches are not releasing.Bill.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:37 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

was it doing something in high gear? i know low gear it will lock up the tires..i have forgot to put my car in low after the burn out and hit the transbrake just to fly out of the lights ...that suck lol ...thanks for the info im going to check it tomorrow ...im putting on a race here ...my first one out of my pocket just hoping people show "BEST OF THE BEST " race
Yes it was trying to apply the revese clutches. It smoked the reverse and high clutches. Won't lock up the rear tires at 80 mph, but it will try to apply the reverse.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:09 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
was it doing something in high gear? i know low gear it will lock up the tires..i have forgot to put my car in low after the burn out and hit the transbrake just to fly out of the lights ...that suck lol ...thanks for the info im going to check it tomorrow ...im putting on a race here ...my first one out of my pocket just hoping people show "BEST OF THE BEST " race
Yes it was trying to apply the revese clutches. It smoked the reverse and high clutches. Won't lock up the rear tires at 80 mph, but it will try to apply the reverse.
That would be easy to check just launch your car on the footbrake and see if it lays down like it does with the transbrake.
Hey suicidebomb, how far are you from St. Louis???
Old 07-17-2009, 07:30 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by suicidebomb
That would be easy to check just launch your car on the footbrake and see if it lays down like it does with the transbrake.
Hey suicidebomb, how far are you from St. Louis???
DP, I'm 236 miles west of St. Louis, on I-70, about a mile northeast of the Truman sports complex. C'mon by!!