Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Default 13year old trick shooter

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5PLnlRVqKQ
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Ya born with hand and eye cordination or ya not....This is all the difference in someone who plays a sport and a ATHLETE who can do it all.

While we on on this subject my favorite gunman of all time is Doc Holliday...from his attitude and take on things to his skill with an early model firearm. Read up on him. The belief is the cocking of the hammers on Doc Holliday's double barrell shot gun started the powder keg chain of events in the " Shoot Out at OK Corrall". which wasn't in a corrall by the way.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i have read upon him.alot. he is also from Alabama.shooting is natural around here. my son Dillon could shoot as good as that kid if not better by the time he was -10 12 yrs old.i know I showed him how!lolmy dad taught my mom and she could out shoot most guys . I taught my wife and now I say yes ma,am and no ma,am
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
i have read upon him.alot. he is also from Alabama.shooting is natural around here. my son Dillon could shoot as good as that kid if not better by the time he was -10 12 yrs old.i know I showed him how!lolmy dad taught my mom and she could out shoot most guys . I taught my wife and now I say yes ma,am and no ma,am
Funny you mentioned that..My wife is an Army Vet and really skillful with an AR-15 type weapon...she took my old service revolver ( Model #10 .38 Cal S/W ) to her Concealed weapons class and out shot every guy in the class...with a perfect score.. all k-5 hits..with Plus P rounds

She carries a Model #642 .38 S/W Hammerless Airweight.. I purchased her a set of crimson trace laser grips for Valentines day...lol

I know there is a Higher power that overlooks Dumb a$$es and Young people ( the same I guess in a way )...When that guy walked up on my wife this past Rainey Christmas night while she was reading on our back porch...this was one of the rare times she was sitting there reading and DID NOT have her .38 in her house coat pocket...I told the deputies that locked him up a few nights later how lucky this cat was...She was scared enough to pull the trigger !!! I ask her later on could or would she have shot him and she looked me in the eye and said " YES" and she did not blink or crack a smile.......As you know Outlaw you DO NOT want ANY scared person with a gun pointed at you...not a scared WOMEN FOR SURE.. :roll: :shock:

Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I got two of mine out on Tuesday put aces rounds down range first time in almost a year . My XD 45 and my model 642 my wife also put a couple trough the though not many . She is not really a big shooter but likes to make sure she remembers how just in case. I did not take her favorite my model 66
S&W 357mag she may have shot more if I did. By the way I was a little rusty it took me a a few rounds.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:51 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Swiley383
I got two of mine out on Tuesday put aces rounds down range first time in almost a year . My XD 45 and my model 642 my wife also put a couple trough the though not many . She is not really a big shooter but likes to make sure she remembers how just in case. I did not take her favorite my model 66
S&W 357mag she may have shot more if I did. By the way I was a little rusty it took me a a few rounds.
What many average citizens do not realize is that self defense shootings happen within 6ft or less...the less meaning getting the attacker off you with this said you don't have to be a good shot for self defense but you must be very aware of the situation and be able to access your weapon from disadvantage points quickly while keeping a cool enough head about you....the cooler and calmest you can possible stay even if being assaulted could mean life or death...
This is the very reason at the academy you would put on the gloves three 1 minute rounds all you can go. It wasn't a win lose contest but a drill to let troopers experience a full blow from a man then coached on thought process after getting your bell rung and being out of breath

We even had stress course shooting course running,dragging 150 sand bags...more running ,Blaring sirens...the shooting part came at the end of it..purpose was to elavate heart rate scramble the thought process before firing..the training part came with coaching on controlled breathing and slowing down thought process under stress. 2nd time around everyone improved.
We also drilled day after day a drill called ROCK AND FIRE. 3ft from target we would un holster from point shoulder to a blated position firing under opposite arm double tap..about a 1 second move on a average shooter.

Military uses same training tatics..speacial forces units to extreme..they train so much when chaos begins their mind goes into training mode and they execute without thinking about it.
I read the book on Seal team 6 and their training for the bin-laden raid. They landed and executed the mission in training several hundred times to where they knew the # of steps from chopper to front door. They have total control over their emotions and thought process. Many were reported sleeping on the chopper on the 1 hour flight under radar into pakistan to the bin-laden mission..talking about cool ..oh yeah they shoot so much they have calis on shooting hand...sorry so long this stuff does it for me ... :P

Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

An addendum to close quarters self defense;

Being aware of your other body parts in relation to the place where the bullet exits your weapon. You can shoot yourself almost easier than your attacker.

Juice, I love hearing about the extreme training ANY organization does !
Old 08-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Training is definataly important one of the things my brother did while in police training was get pepper sprayed,run a course, and then pick up a Glock load it and fire 2 rounds center mass. All while feeling the effects of the pepper spray.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:31 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

when I was around 20 yrs old, the police used to practice their skills at a range my buddies dad owned. I went down there one day to just watched,and I laughed out loud at a few of the cops when they were shooting. one asked me if I could do better.i didn't say one word. I just walked up and pointed at a 38 siiting on a bench, cop say sure. I pick it up look to make sure it was loaded and went to firing as fast as I coukld pull the trigger.i missed on one shot.all the rest were dead center of Charles auther floyds head.thats pretty boy to yall.loli not only out shot them that day.i went to their range they built later and out didalmost all of them.i never shot anyone that didn't show up with a gun in hand but a lot of them lawdogs did!!one cop that had stopped me a few times said in front of the others that were there that he would hate to go up against me in a fir fight.do you have any idea what that cop did to my ego that day!!I never have lost control while the shit is flying.but after it is over I shake like a paint shaker
Old 08-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

A lot of police don't get a lot of practice due to buget problems. It's up to them as individuals to practice. The department my brother is with allows them to use the department range anytime they want they are even allowed to bring a guest. I am going to go with him when we are both off one day he says they have a nice pistol and rifle range that are fairly new. The range is always in use the department is kinda In a ruel area with a lot of country boys that like to hunt and shoot he said just before deer season start you can't get near it with everybody sighting in there deer rifles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -