Anybody get taken by Sloan's Racing Transmissions !!BEWARE!!

Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hate to hear about the whole thing. To be honest you lucked out my friend. Good thing u are dealing with good moral people so I read. You ignored every warning sign thrown your way . I hope u learned somthing from this situation cause I assure you that you are in the minority getting full refunds after a situation turned south as many times as yours did. You exposed yourself way more than the law if averages allow and come out O.K.

Let us know when u get your refund.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-09-2013, 06:20 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Ronmiester
SHOW GUEST

well, it looks like the only things Sloans racing transmissions are guilty of are being overly optimistic on what they can get done in a day and extremely poor communication skills. Finally, after 4 months, i received a cashiers check for a full refund.
Yes, i learned lessons, and yes i am grateful for the refund I also believe, in my opinion it should have never drug out this long. And,Yes,i understand that circumstances have a way of scattering time lines but that is where communication brings it all back together. Thanks to everyone who reassured me of the Sloans character, it was nice to see fellow racers taking the time from a busy schedule to give there input in a situation. thanks again guys and thanks to Sloans Transmissions for the refund.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Ron,
Thats great to hear! I am glad that Jimmie and Anna lived up to not only their reputations but also Bob Sloan's as the namesake of the business.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

Default Sloans

It is still tough on everyone involved when a small business has to close. He has a good reputation for building a transmission and I for one wish him the best of luck in Kentucky. Illinois is a tough state to do business in, especially a small business. None of us will fully understand his reasons for having to close.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
greaser49
CRAFTSMAN

Default Sloans

It is still tough on everyone involved when a small business has to close. He has a good reputation for building a transmission and I for one wish him the best of luck in Kentucky. Illinois is a tough state to do business in, especially a small business. None of us will fully understand his reasons for having to close.