WHO MAKE the NON-SLIP metal used on NASCAR Racing pedals?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM
SSYNERGY
SHOW GUEST

Default WHO MAKE the NON-SLIP metal used on NASCAR Racing pedals?

Hey guys, I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to modify some BRAKE & CLUTCH PEDALS for ROAD RACING, so they can be NON-SLIP. I don't like the CHEESY bolt-on ALUMINUM crap that various vendors sell. I'm sure some of you have seen the TIGHT DIAMOND PATTERN metal used on the NASCAR BRAKE and CLUTCH pedals assemblies. They are for sure NON-SLIP. I've seen similar material used on fneces, but the pattern is too wide for use on pedals. Any help would be great.

Thanks guys
Old 06-04-2010, 03:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

You want ' regular expanded metal' that is slightly twisted as in the left column of this page;

http://www.gratingpacific.com/expand...FRd7gwoduwmHVw

Most welding shops will have scraps of various 'pitches'.
I also spot weld 'raised dots' on my pedals if I don't have any expanded metal available. Just zap zap zap in one spot till you have a 1/8" dot several places on the pedal.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 AM
SSYNERGY
SHOW GUEST

Thank you very much DrivingMissDD, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. You are AWESOME .
Old 06-14-2010, 05:12 PM
etchison
CRAFTSMAN

on my pedals i went to menards and got some black skid tape. the kind you use for stair treads. works great! cut to size and just stick it on