victor jr vs edelbrock RPM

Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default victor jr vs edelbrock RPM

I know we have talked about this but I got a great running 350 (standard bore stroke)it cammed (flat tappet),headers 700 dp timing set at 35, pump gas street car,,,,, it currently has a Pro comp intake on it,,,I already have the victor jr so I would need to buy the rpm intake

The 350 SBC is in an 85 Monte carlo 350 trans 4:10 gear and runs great for what it is, I recently went 12.86 (x2) and 12.87 (x2) at a T/T.
added nothing but a 9 in slick. Its 60's sorta soft 1.78 and runs 105 mph

Do you think it worth trying the victor jr out or should I just fess up and do the edelbrock air gap. It does seem to be soft in the middle and runs better et's shifting at 6400 vs 6800 or more

This is fun as. car I bought while fixing the 70 Chevelle and it surprised the heck out of me.

let me know just throwing it out there
Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default manifolds

from everything i have read(dyno reports) the rpm air gap is the king up to 6500 rpms. its a dual plane and the other two are single planes. i think you will get alot more mid range response with the rpm air gap.. if you had bigger cubes then maybe you could stay with current manifold. i would bet on the manifold i just mentioned art
Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default reply

Thanks, I was trying to go on the cheap ? Ithink you are right,gonna look around for an 7501 rpm air gap
Old 08-27-2012, 08:13 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

PLUS the intake runners stay cooler with the AirGap, as it was designed to do ! I've AG's on both my race cars and really like 'em.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:03 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default reply

Thanks, I value your opinion DD, Gonna look around for a used one. Jeff
Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 AM
bubbaf100
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I'd sell the Victor Jr. and get the Edelbrock 7501 new or used preferably on ebay and look for one with a garantee so if its screwed just send it back.
Never buy anything no returns accpeted or a seller with negative feedback.

However you want the best of both worlds get The Mcfarland Torque link or HiTech Torque link the same thing. Ebay is the best place to get it.
Its funny shapped and its very tall. It offers great mid range torque and great HP in the highend. You have the ingrediants to make that intake come to life with your rear 410's Your carb is fine. You get burnout quality of a dual plane and the highend a single plane screamer.
Google it its a design like no other. And people will be impressed because its a design few see everyday.[/img]
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

i like my single plain manifolds i cant find a single top to fit my tunnel ram.... so im taking my edelbrock TR1Y dual quad tunnel ram to the machine shop to have the very top plate cut off and weld a pcs of alum. back with a single carb spacer :wink:
Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

ProComp has an Airgap duel plain manifold, i just put one on my 79 Elky, polished version PC- 22025 1500 to 6500 RPM recommended. I don't know how it works yet because i'm still making brackets for the AC, i also put a small .510 hydraulic cam in it, the other one went flat. I have alum heads and 1 5/8 headers, had a 750 vacuum secondary carb (too big) i'm going to a 650 vacuum secondary. Don't know yet what it will run but it went 8.46 in the 1/8 with old setup on street tires. I have a 200R4 Buick grand national trans and 4.56 gears. I took an Edlebrock manifold off of the car. I did the full dress up with hand welded valve covers and crome brake booster and master cylinder. But in the end it's all worth it, i've the car for over 25 yrs. and it look better than the day it rolled off the showroom floor.

Zip.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:00 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default reply

Hey Zip
You may have to do a gasket match/ port work on that pro comp intake, a friend of mine said his did not match the 1205 gasket (ports were smaller)and he was gonna do a little bigger. Check it out. He could not remember the pc # on the intake but he said it was a dual plane ?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:09 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bixblk
Hey Zip
You may have to do a gasket match/ port work on that pro comp intake, a friend of mine said his did not match the 1205 gasket (ports were smaller)and he was gonna do a little bigger. Check it out. He could not remember the pc # on the intake but he said it was a dual plane ?
I didn't have to do a gasket match to the intake, i've got Trick Flow alum heads on the car and i just trimmed the 1205 gasket to fit the heads after that they were bigger than the PC manifold. I realise that i could have gained a little by port matching but this is a daily driver when i driver when i drive it (not often) it hasn't been down the track in 6 yrs. but i keep it Lic. and full coverage ins. safty sticker and all.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -