vibration

Old 01-12-2008, 10:02 AM
taonindo
SHOW GUEST

Default vibration

how much vibration can be expected from a sbc 400 with solid eng. and tranny mounts. ive been told its normal for the 400 sbc to have vibration and running solid mounts and a torque strap i can expect a lot of vibration....so how do we/i measure the amount of vibration there is? what is a lot and what is too much? any help or ideas on how to measure this would be appreciated
Old 01-12-2008, 10:45 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

If you have solid engine mounts, you need to use a poly tranny mount. It'll break the tranny most likely. You're vibration problem will reduce a good bit also...
Old 01-12-2008, 06:45 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

DO NOT EVER USE A SOLID TRANS MOUNT, especially with solid motor mounts. You will break the trans case at some point. You have no more vibration from a 400 than any other SB if it is correctly balanced. Even full tube chassis cars have some flex, most of those use front motor plates and a mid plate. A factory chassis flexes more than you can imagine and even with a roll cage and subframe connectors if needed, it will flex enough to break parts.