Gotta Love Ebay

Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I believe I'll just take scorpion 1110 advice, and amble over to e-bay and close my account. I don't think I care to do business with people like that. Thanks
Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

yeah, pay him a visit and dont forget the brick!
I have been fortunate with eBay I quess. 8 years, over 500 transactions (I am not a business, just buying and selling cars, bikes, parts, garage cleanouts and stuff for friends). I have a positive feedback of 99.9% with only 2 negatives in 8 years and they were both from people who refused to pay me. I am very strict with my payment options, Paypal only. I also choose the option that bidders must have at least 1 feedback, no negative feedback in X amount of days and I think the last on is bidder must not be bidding on X amount of auctions at the same time. I also watch my bidders, if anyone even seems suspicous I remove their bid and block them from bidding from there on out. Sorry to hear some of you guys experiences but eBay has been pretty good to me over the last 8 years
Old 03-24-2009, 01:43 AM
hemiman426
SHOW GUEST

yeah,you dont have to say anymore about ebay,ebay is nothing more than a place ran by crooks,for crooks.one of the MANY of my personal experiences with ebay including the same thing that happened to you,unfortunately ebay wont do JACK to protect you either.I dropped my account with ebay a long time ago because of their ,especially when they revised that feedback,not only that,ebay is a breeding ground for fraud and scammers,ebay wont do anything to help you,but BOY do they want their money like yesterday and god help you if you verified your bank with paypal,they will rip you blind,jimmy hoffa would definitely turn over in his grave. in my own words: EBAY AND THE GEEKY SPINE-LESS THAT RUN IT.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 AM
fivestageford
SHOW GUEST

Default THE TRUTH ABOUT PAYPAL

Been reading a couple of posts on here about eBay and Paypal and was alarmed at how many people were getting screwed just like I did so I thought i'd chime in. About 4 years ago(yes the wheels of justice turn that slowly) I(along with dozens of others) was ripped off on RJ and eBay by a scammer that goes by the name Jeff Hess(Denison Tx). Long story short out of the 30+ people that Mr Hess robbed for @$30,000.00 ONLY 3 of us were able to seek legal action, ALL 3 OF US PAID WITH A US POSTAL MONEY ORDER!!! There were several others that used personal checks and the rest used, you guessed it, Paypal. Unfortunately throughout this whole ordeal I as well as many people found out that WHENEVER you send money across state lines, whether it be electronically or paper currency, if you get robbed there are ONLY 2 agencies that are allowed to pursue the criminals. FIRST ONE is the FBI but good luck trying to get them to do anything as their criteria for going after people in these cases is $1,000,000.00(THAT'S ONE MILLION DOLLARS) and unless they want the person BADLY for something else(such as murder, rape, etc...)they will NOT pursue ANYONE!!! SECOND ONE is the US Post Office! Their criteria for pursuing criminals across state lines is MUCH more reasonable and YOUR ONLY HOPE for legal action!!! Just an FYI out of the 2dozen or so people that were robbed by Hess that used Paypal NOT ONE OF THEM WILL EVER BE COMPENSATED! In FACT this was a very hi profile case that made national news but too my knowledge NEITHER PAYPAL OR FEEBAY represented ONE single person in this case! Didn't even make an EFFORT!!! So I think it's worth pointing out that RACINGJUNK.COM along with RJ member Wlpatterson and Det. Tom Fair(Denison PD) were the ONLY people that gave support in tracking down Mr Hess, and for that EVERYONE that uses RJ should be greatful!!! But to make matters worse even the 3 of us that were able to pursue legal action may not get SHIT back because there is a law in Texas(GO FIGURE the same state that hatched BUSH) that says once a person has been convicted of a crime and can prove they were denied employment 3 times because of THEIR record they can be held NOT liable for compensation. In other words you may not get back ANYTHING if the SOB that robbed you can "prove" his newly found charges cause him employment problems, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN COURT ORDERED!!! So the moral of the story is that .90 cents US Postal Money Order is the ONLY way your money is insured once it's crossed state lines! Paypal IS a SCAM! YOUR MONEY IS NOT SAFE and Paypal has NO more legal authority to go after ANYONE than YOU OR I! AGAIN THE ONLY WAY SENDING YOU MONEY ACROSS STATE LINES IS INSURED IS BY USING A US POSTAL SERVICE MONEY ORDER! USERS BEWARE!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

WOW.... THAT MY MAN,IS SOME DAMN GOOD INFO.....THANK YOU.. VERY MUCH..........
Old 04-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Misrepresenting a piece of junk carb as good or whatever is one thing...but sending a brick is a whole other level of wrong in my opinion. :evil: :evil:

scumbag brick sender