Anyone done with summit like me

Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

I think if your going to order out of state you should do it online so you can check part #'s and know what you are ordering !! David.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:? Hey tod ever get your wheel's :?:
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
:? Hey tod ever get your wheel's :?:
Yes...not real happy with them either but sometimes you just can't win.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:34 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Unless I have no where elst to turn I refuse to use summit. I don't know what has happened over there, but i used to used them like toilet tissue.

Customer service went down hill, prices aren't as competative as other suppliers and everything seems to be on back order anymore.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM
vmancorvette
SHOW GUEST

I must just be lucky with Summit. I have never been able to beat their price with Jegs and when Jegs did beat their price, they found a way to put a handling charge on it that made it higher in the end. I have never had to pay sales tax from either place. I have a coil over kit ordered from Summit that should be here tomorrow (Keep you fingers crossed). And as for the noisy gear drive from Summit, I looked mine up and ordered the Summit Brand myself and it is so loud it whines like a blower. So the guys the guy that tried to help you didn't kow how to look it up! :-) I have noticed that sometimes you have to type in what you want...."timing gear drive" and it will pull all of them up and then you find the one you want. When I typed in coil over conversion for my S10 it only gave me the part # for a big block. when I looked it up from the list of all of their sets, I found the small block one I needed.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks Guy's for your support.

I try my best to keep price's as low as possible if i cant beat there price i will tell you so .

So if you want to give me a try just send me a email to [email protected]
Or call 513-225-0494

Cant Hurt Any savings is better than no saving at all it all adds up in the end.
Thanks Ron
Old 10-14-2008, 03:09 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Hey guy's Ron is tops :!: :!: Helped me out,only deal with him :!: :!:
Old 10-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

What I want to know is... did they take the wrong grear drive back? did you get the refund?? Or did the supervisor say no dice? I have had to do returns through them before... they credit everytime (I usually do a swap). Rigsby
Old 10-28-2008, 04:51 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Ordering online

I have found ordering online or using the book usually gets me what I want.I would imagine some of the people taking your order wouldnt have a clue as to where the parts go or what they do?Ever go into Autozone or any other chain type parts store? Some of the kids working the counters barely drive muchless Mechanic-Some people taking orders are probably much the same-Not defending Summit or Jegs but I have ordered alot of parts & have came out good.For alot of these folks taking phone orders is a job,not a career..Both of the companies do have a Tech line--Again not defending these people,just an opinion--
Old 10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

yeah, I usually find the part numbers & just give them those...