Eliminating Scammers

Old 10-29-2011, 03:20 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Eliminating Scammers

Just had a thought after looking at another scammers post.(2004 VW $2900) Yea Right! Make everyone pay a min.amount to post on here..I guarantee That will thin them out.It wont take a large amount,any amount is too much for those scumbags.I cant imagine anyone who deals on here not being able to afford a few bucks to post.Im on a fixed income & I am not only a member,I pay when I sell..Give it some thought & see if it doesnt make sense?? Everyone hates them & I really think this has some merit..JMO
Old 10-29-2011, 09:25 AM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

I think scammers would still pay a little bit to post on here, if they thought they could scam someone. JMO.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Make everyone list a phone number, and a location to join. Make everyone who lists an item for sale list a price like on moparts. If they have been a member for years and haven't made an honor payment kick em off the board. If they aren't paying anything then racing junk isn't losing anything not having them here.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:05 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

[quote="Gimmethakick"]Make everyone list a phone number, and a location to join. Make everyone who lists an item for sale list a price like on moparts. If they have been a member for years and haven't made an honor payment kick em off the board. If they aren't paying anything then racing junk isn't losing anything not having them here.[/quote

WTF :shock:
Still cost 60 bucks for club membership whether I make an honor payment or not :!:
There are many club members that NEVER buy or sell anything,why should they be kicked off the board?
Also have to protect yourself, If the deal sounds too good to be true, well, you know the rest!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:59 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default kicked off

I cant see kicking anyone off,Hes right some people come on just to look for something & see whats selling..It has to be predicated on selling items..Im sure it would need fine tuning but if they can develope a site they could surely do something like that? Who knows,we may never get rid of all of the scumbags but any we lose is a gain...
Old 10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I didn't mean it like that and club membership is only $49.95 by the way. I'm talking about the guys who have been on here for years with no club membership and they constantly have cars on here for sale and no honor payment, they just use the free part. Even if you have a membership your still supposed to make honor payments when you sell something.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

I guess it is only 50 bucks ops:
But it used to be innocent until proven guilty, don't seem right to just guess.
I also would think if they have been here for YEARS and scamming people they would have been on the scammers section already by now. I would be wary of the newer ones first.
I do make honor payments also.8)
Old 10-31-2011, 04:20 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
I didn't mean it like that and club membership is only $49.95 by the way. I'm talking about the guys who have been on here for years with no club membership and they constantly have cars on here for sale and no honor payment, they just use the free part. Even if you have a membership your still supposed to make honor payments when you sell something.
Just so you know, there is nothing that states that when you are a member you are still supposed to make honor payments. If I am wrong, please post it up

As close to "Normal" as I can get...