Moving

Old 08-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Moving

Hey I guess its time i say watch out Im moving down to N.Carolina bought a house in Mebane n.c. polley move in late october, eary november! No more winter,and plowing, and snow for the most part. racing at piedmont,and farmington, need to find something to do job wise,or maybe do what I do now. anybody have any thoughts on N.C. let me know! David.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

N.C. or S.C or GA is all Gods country to me...LOL.seriously good place to move year around..plus bunch of drag racing and NASCAR country...

congrats...Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-26-2007, 07:24 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Brian you forgot to warn him of the "hillbillys" :P :P :P
Old 08-26-2007, 07:27 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

shhhhhhhhh...we don't want to scare him off b4 he gets here......
(and the distant song of deliverance is now growing louder)

Brian

Old 08-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey I met one !!!! nice guy , bare feet and all, ! he was working in a body shop i stopped in to see what it was like down there for work, and to talk about the area!!!!! David.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:22 AM
nemesisracing
JUNIOR BUILDER

David,
Congrats on your move to the South land! I think you will really like it. I lived in South Carolina and currently live in Virginia. There are several great tracks all along these particular states so I am sure that you will feel right at home!
As far as the hillbilly's go, just drive your race car (open headers and all) out to the local Wal-Mart and you will fit right in. Don't worry about getting your car registered and licensed as any old expired or even stolen license plate will do! HA HA!!!!!!!!
Mike
Old 08-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Sounds like lots of fun!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I guess you met Bubba or Jethro or Goober. i never did question their integratity, but i sure did wonder HOW the hell they walk around on d'em rocks bare footed. i used to do it when growing up in Ala and Ga. but now if i step on a pee gravel i go thru the roof. I think you will like it down south, i did when i lived in BJ country in the late 60's but i damn near starved to death with 3 kids and a wfe with a shop in a country that didn't trust Yankees ( i had moved down from Chgo.).
I now live in La. and Miss. and the mood is totally different than it was 40 yrs. ago, but if you need to have someone do something for you IE: plumbing, electrics, or anything you can't or donot want to do yourself, don't hold your breath because you want get anything done in a hurry. I've been waiting on a plumber for 2 wks. because i don't want to go under my house with only 12" space to fix a small leak. with those things in mind and being from a fast paced society such as you are comming from, If you can cope with that you'll love it.
When living in Az. i could have and AC man at my house on a sunday in 2 hrs. Maybe in 2/3 days in Miss. or La.

Zip.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Zip- ( not to hi-jack thread) but sounds like the house i live in now (selling)..its was built in 1947 and is a little over 2 ft off the ground give or take..you can belly crawl and keep head low..anyhow i had to go under house on the furtherest end and fix a washer drain (re-plumbed old galvanized pipe)..
anyhow i belly crawled about 80ft around a corner to where my wife could no longer see my light...
as i got within 10ft of where i was going i saw a snake skin on the dfirt floor..My heart sank..my heart rate went up and my palms got sweaty..i stopped and looked all around for it seems eternity and saw nothing..i was too far to turn back and was dragging a sawzall and all my pvc pipe,primer,glue etc.. to do the job..
i got to the site and started cutting the galvanzied pipe....i saw movement out of the corner of my left side and turned the light in that direction and there was huge snake laying up against a rafter staring down on me..i about $hit my pants.....i got my wife to pass me a stick thru the crawl space vents and i scared him backwards..dont' know where it went..i will not go back under this house as long as i own it..it can leak a small pond i could careless..
last winter i also heard something scratching under the floor. i went into the celler and shined my light into the belly crawl part of the house and here come a 20lb possum walking straight toward me..i guess it didn't realize i was there until it got 5 ft from me then i SCREAMED it SQUEELD AND HISSED and it turned around and ran..i hollerd for my wife to bring me my .38 caliber and she talked me out of discharing it under the house. i do not know who was more scared me or the possum ???? ops: ops: ops: .

sorry i had to tell this story.

B-

Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

BJ that's funny :lol:
Actually my problem is worse than first stated. My house is part old and part newer, 2/3's in on 2 cinder blks, IE: 12" high the 30 ' addition is on a slab. The leak is at the junction of the older bathroom sink where the galvanised pipe meets the PVC. It's impossible to get under the house so i have to cut open the bath room floor to fix the leak which has now advanced to 2 gal per hr. estimated by the water bill usage. i cannot even leave the water on. I have to turn it off and on just to run the dish washer,laundry, and shower. I've had a miserable August and with the temp being around 100* nothing is going right. I'm condemplating going up to Miss. and living in my MH atleast everything works in it. What's under my house is anyones guess, frogs for sure, snakes probably, hell we got croc-a-gators all around here, might even be one of those down there. They are in the creek that runs into the ditch that runs in front of my house. That creeks entrance is only 100ft from my house.
My sister has an 8 footer living right behind her house in the bayou which is less than 100yds. behind her house. she can't even let her small dog out without watching out for it..
Either way if the plumber doesn't show by sat. i'm getting the sawzall out along with my knee boots and and my shotgun and fix that damn leak.
One thing guys don't ever get old because no one wants to help you unless it's for big money

O'K i'm done venting thanks for understanding.

Zip. ops:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -